I think I need to change back from HS17 to HR54...Suggestions??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Southern California
Several months ago I "upgraded" to an HS17 from an HR54 and 2 HR24s. I'm pretty much OK with having two less tuners and less timers, but the delays when changing channels and when skipping forward are awful (we time-shift most programming). So this is something that I really didn't expect and find unacceptable. Is there any remedy for this without reverting to my old setup? We have 4 TVs and would like 4K on at least one of them.

If the delay is there to stay, I guess I have 3 options: 1) Revert to HR54 and HR24. 2) Hopper3 with 3 Joeys. 3) Spectrum Cable with TiVo Bolt and Tivo Minis (most expensive, but wife insists on having whole home DVR).

Please, I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations.

It's difficult to revert to your old equipment. Directv wants everyone on the HS17. You could try the loyalty department.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Now that AT&T has changed so many things...what do I tell the prompt to reach the loyalty department? Trying to get there using a CSR is like pulling teeth! I assume normal working hours are best??

Now that AT&T has changed so many things...what do I tell the prompt to reach the loyalty department? Trying to get there using a CSR is like pulling teeth! I assume normal working hours are best??
Tell the Prompt you want to CANCEL ...

Let them know when you get a live person that, thats not the case .... unless you decide you actually Do want to.

Keep us informed on what you end up doing, its not very often you hear of someone actually going back to the HR54/44 version and recvrs ....
I've wondering what they have to say about it and how it all goes.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Thanks, I'll share the outcome. The easy route would be to accept the delay and stay with things the way they are, but so far I haven't been able to accept the delays. To be honest, either options 2 & 3 are the most intriguing. As I understand it, both Hopper 3 and Tivo Bolt will skip entire commercial breaks with one button press...which to me is pretty cool. I guess we are crossing forum lines here, but if anyone has info to share on Hopper or Tivo Bolt, a message would be very welcome. :)

Are you using wireless clients? I have a HS17 with 6 clients and the only delay in changing channels is the TV changing resolutions

No, using 4 wired clients (C61). 2 are 4K and 2 are not. I'll check the resolution. Oops, I never even looked at it after the installer did the setup. Only the HD & 4K settings are showing and they are checked starting with 720P. In all honesty, I don't see where resolution would come into play on delays in skipping forward, but I'm willing to try anything. :) And thank you for your reply!

No, using 4 wired clients (C61). 2 are 4K and 2 are not. I'll check the resolution. Oops, I never even looked at it after the installer did the setup. Only the HD & 4K settings are showing and they are checked starting with 720P. In all honesty, I don't see where resolution would come into play on delays in skipping forward, but I'm willing to try anything. :) And thank you for your reply!
Sounds like native is on also and your tv may be a little slow at changing resolutions

Reactions: Jimbo
Sounds like native is on also and your tv may be a little slow at changing resolutions
Nope, native is turned off.

I assume that when I change the display settings that I am adjusting the C61 settings. Is there an adjustment for the HS17 settings as well and if so, how do I find it and what should the settings be?

Nope, native is turned off.

I assume that when I change the display settings that I am adjusting the C61 settings. Is there an adjustment for the HS17 settings as well and if so, how do I find it and what should the settings be?
Just guessing, but since the HS17 doesn't output a signal, there shouldn't be any settings for that.

Hi All
I went back to the 54 from the 17. My system is now a hr54, hr24 and a c41 mini. Best operating system I ever had. I had no problem with DTV swapping me back fro the POS 17. Been with DTV since 94.
SSTV

Hi All
I went back to the 54 from the 17. My system is now a hr54, hr24 and a c41 mini. Best operating system I ever had. I had no problem with DTV swapping me back fro the POS 17. Been with DTV since 94.
SSTV
Wow,
Thats good to know ...

Hi All
SSTV
Please tell us how you went about getting it done.

Thank you for all the information. I thought that maybe the delay problem might be with the C61K, but that wasn't it either. I guess I'll be calling retention soon. I hope we can get this resolved, I don't think I'll ever get used to the delay.

Well, this took a while. Here's what happened. I called Retention and the rep told me that the computer would not let him order an HR54 to replace the 17. He sent me a replacement 17 which did exactly what I thought it would do...nothing! While he seemed to be trying, my needs were not served. All I gained was a day spent waiting for delivery, over an hour with another CSR getting the setup to work correctly, AND the opportunity to reprogram all of my recordings. I guess it's time to ask some questions in the Dish Forum before any decision gets made. :)

Thank you for the information.

Reactions: AZ.
Several months ago I "upgraded" to an HS17 from an HR54 and 2 HR24s. I'm pretty much OK with having two less tuners and less timers, but the delays when changing channels and when skipping forward are awful (we time-shift most programming). So this is something that I really didn't expect and find unacceptable. Is there any remedy for this without reverting to my old setup? We have 4 TVs and would like 4K on at least one of them.

If the delay is there to stay, I guess I have 3 options: 1) Revert to HR54 and HR24. 2) Hopper3 with 3 Joeys. 3) Spectrum Cable with TiVo Bolt and Tivo Minis (most expensive, but wife insists on having whole home DVR).

Please, I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations.
Larry ii had a tech from Mastec come out good to see them as I was AT&T does know how to fix I have a HS17 and 2 CK61 clients. He told me thier experienceing a lot of issues with 4K I was given the option of going back to C61 wiired clients and keeping the HS17 I no longer have a one channel 4K but I get all my ON DEMAND channels NO more frezzing pictures,has not worked this well in months. I do believe that AT&T does know how to do software issues seems like it was getting worse each ttme there was a new update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)