I think L446 Broke my OTA Audio

Add me to the long list of new Dish OTA "Sign Language" channels. I taped Smallville on the CW and the recording on both my 622s are mute! DirecTV is looking better and better! :D

If you reboot, does the recording still have no audio? I just checked and most of my OTA channels are ok but apparently if I change channels enough times they ALL lose audio.

A reboot fixes it. I haven't tried recording something when the audio is not there then trying to play it back after a reboot.

Everything is fine here. Except ealier today I tried to watch "This Old House" from a Thursday recording. It is funny as hell. One of the Sirius rap channels was recorded as the audio. LMAO.

Watching them work on a house to Kanye West's "Stronger" playing in the background. hehehehehehehehehe

Then watching another part playng "Milkshake" ....... (.) (.)

E* spooled a beta software update tonight for the 622/722 receivers, I guess they'll be testing the new one and hopefully will get a fix by next week. They should just spooled back L4.45.

Add me to the long list of new Dish OTA "Sign Language" channels. I taped Smallville on the CW and the recording on both my 622s are mute! DirecTV is looking better and better! :D

I hear ya Tom. That and Fox 40. Luckily the 622 I use to record Reaper, Smallville, and Supernatural still has 4.45.

S~

I'm also having problems recording OTA shows no audio, did everything I could it seems the software change to l446 is doing it I think they want ppl to oder local channels instead of just using their OTA.

Add me to the list. I recorded OTA Thursday night and one of the programs was silent. I watched part of it live and it had sound. I also have had lockups but only when working in the DishONLINE areas.

All of my SD recordings are shot, there are only 5, 3 SG Atlantis and 2 Damages, but they have become unwatchable. The main show is a small window on the left and there is a flickering elongated picture on the right, from the top of the screen to the bottom, takes up 1/3 of the screen. The format button will not change the zoom level. It wasn't there before last night, all of my HD recordings seem as they were, fine.

Sound back on OTA

I had one OTA station that had no audio, but it has returned this morning. My software level is still showing 446, but the sound problem has solved itself. If they updated the software durning the night, the release number seems not to have changed.

I also had a problem with the screen being blank for a very long time sometimes when I changed channels. This started with 446, but seems to fixed.

Still have L446 on the 722, still have no audio on Fox OTA (it's fine on the 622/L445). I tried recording a little and playing it back, no dice. It's looking like no audio for the Lions game or the World Series tomorrow unless I watch very crappy SD. Hope the yahoos at Dish get this fixed!:mad: What really irritates me is trying to let someone know there is a problem that has half a brain is almost impossible. I passed on the phone merry-go-round only to experience the internet chat one. :rolleyes: Anybody on board here KNOW that someone that matters actually is aware of this crap and is fixing it??? Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Ed

Why does E* bundle fixes with new features? This has to be the reason why they don't want to go back to L4.45.

nothings changed here

Heard my 722 updating last night, checked the 622 this morning and it is back to 445.

Still on 446 here in MN. When turning on my 722 first thing in the morning all OTA audio is there. But after flipping through channels it starts dropping out one channel at a time until audio is lost on all except PBS OTA which hasn't been affected.

The only way I have been able to get audio back is to manually add that local station from the locals menu, then the audio is back for the main channel until I switch channels. After that it is gone again.

To me, the most baffling aspect of this problem is its variability. I went back through this thread looking for some pattern, and the only common denominator I could see was the switch to L446, but apparently most people who got the change are unaffected.

Some people lost audio in live view, some only on recordings. Some lost audio on all their OTA stations, others on only particular channels. Rebooting fixes the problem for some but not others. Likewise for re-scanning. For some the problem seems to come and go spontaneously and the stations which are affected changes over time.
Some have reported that changing the channels affects the problem.

Perhaps someone can see a single underlying problem here, but it escapes me.

My 722 is hosed.

Well....seems OTA isn't the only thing buggered up. I lost all satellite channels...sort of. Picture freezes, sound goes bye-bye. Then, screen goes black and up comes the smart card error.

On the phone with tech support....wow, is that a treat or what. Finally, on 4th call back, I got a tech that acknowledged the L446 soft upgrade has screwed up smartcards. They zapped the box...no go.

5th call back after waiting for the required 15-20 minutes and they have determined the box is hosed and they'll send me a new one.

Yaaaaaaaay! But wait!!!!! "Sir, your replacement receiver should arrive in 3-5 business days." Whaaaaaaaaat!!!!???? Haven't these people heard of Overnight Red? For crying out loud.

Yes, cable tv is expensive with crappy reception, but at least when you had equipment problems, you could go to the office and exchange the next day!

17 months left on a 18 month contract.....then I'm kickin' these clowns to the curb.

:mad:

Again, why did you deal with Dish Network and NOT local dealers?
I,m a local dealer and I always explain this disanvantage. I take care my customers same or next day NOT 3-5 days and FREE of charges. I give a customer 1 year warranty free of charge( not even $ 29 like DISH do).

Yep, got L4.46 and I'm having no audio on some of my ota's! Seems random, first was CBS then its working now ABC! What a deal just wish Dish could get this stuff right, now we wait for another update! :mad:

I think I stumbled on a temporary fix, at least in my situation. I happened to notice that the PBS-HD station acted strangely when viewing using the 722, but it was normal using the TV tuner. On a hunch, I delete PBS-HD as well as several other channels I almost never watch from the 722 local channels list, then did a FPR. I made several short recordings from several channels, and they recorded normally with audio where audio was missing before. It's just a short test so far, but worth a shot to try it.

Add my 622 to the list as well with the loss of audio. I find I can go to a couple of the OTA stations before I lose it, and then it's gone for all of them. I had origionally thought it was an issue with the local station until I checked a couple of the other stations that Dish also sends out.

-Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)