This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

I think my Powermax VBox Died!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Hello! haven't posted in a while put im still here.At first i thought it was just my actuator freezing up again but not the case this time.Disconnected the motorized section from the main shaft to see if the shaft was jammed but my vbox still wont work.When i first power it up it comes on correctly and shows a P number! but when i try to move it e or w it keeps comming up with a ER2 error.No rush to fix! glad it got broken on my favorite sat 101w.PS checked and rechecked wire connections

Wire two or three,( or four, so as to not burn 'em out') identical 12V light bulbs in series. Connect that to the motor terminals. E & W commands should light them for a short time ~1/2 second.
If it lights, it's the sensor circuit that's bad. Check for voltage on the pulse terminal with nothing connected.

thanks Fat ! dont have bulbs but do have voltmeters.! im guessing its output is 12 dc! If so maybe i can use some 12v dc device instead of the bulbs

It should output 36VDC, some are closer to 24 though.
ER2 means no pulses being received, so either a bad wire or sensor on dish...or like FaT was suggesting not putting out the proper voltage to move the dish actuator.

Thanks KE!! I think i can eliminate the actuator! I have a new bottom half of the actuator that i swaped out and still the ER2! so its either the wireing or the vbox.I do have another vbox to try! Working kinda funny at times but worked enough to see if its the box or wireing.

Reactions: KE4EST
I liked those Vbox X movers and bought 3 or 4 of them while they were still being sold. They work a little different from the Vbox 7s in that they would always show the P positions when was tweaking the dish. The 7 movers won't show that P number once you manually move off it??

Ennywho, the X movers are problematic and I've got 2 here now that won't work at all and mailed a broken one to someone on here who wanted to try to repair it a couple of years back. Replaced them with the Vbox 7 movers from KE4EST, one of the vendors on here, who also had the best price on them at the time BTW.

Status
Please reply by conversation.