I think this is going to be a nightmare

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Well called last week to get Voom... Got my install date (today)... Called Installs, Inc as the post suggested (thanks for that info... was a big help) they were going to just bring the cheapo antenna out, when I really needed a better one.. They got that worked out with the order. They gave me the name and number of the local installer if there were any questions or problems... seemed like it was working out great.

Well yesterday I get a call from the installer.... he confirms the install date and time (today) and I just talk to him about what he and other people he knows that have Voom.... Well he starts giving me this suck a$$ review about Voom... He tells me that I really should cancel my order and order Dish HD... he says that it is soooo much better than Voom in many ways.... (oh did I mention that he says that he installs Dish too and can install it for me) So he starts telling me that the recievers for V are programmed wrong when he gets them and has to get them reprogrammed... that V is not true HD 1080 but it is 480p upconverted to 1080... The programming is really crappy, and on and on...

He also tells me that he is not going to be bringing me the better antenna as installs, inc said he would bring but would only bring the cheap one... he says that if there is a problem he will get me a better one... I told them that I already have a Terk one that is a mid grade and it only picks up one station out of two and a cheaper one wont do that because of my location... insists he will do it his way and if it dont work they will come back...

so we will see how things go... I imagine it will be a nightmare...

nitstalker,

send an email to "Joe Harkins" <jharkins@installs.com> with your story. This guy should not be installing V* at all. Ask for a different installer if possible.

Good luck!! Sounds like you have a real winner doing your install. Everything he is telling you is absolutely wrong! He probably gets paid better doing Dish installs.

Pay for an install

My installer (who did a good job) wanted to be paid to no use the diplexer (or is it duplexer?) I said I would but showed him the paperwork that I had saying something to the effect that installation included up to 4 runs of cable. He said forget paying him.

While we were doing the you show me your paperwork, I'll show you mind he gave me his work order from Installs inc. I copied all of his paperwork and was looking at it last night.

His pay for the install is $125.00. I don't know if that includes travel as he is 105 miles from my house. I don't have a clue what DISH pays for an install.

One thing that may be true...the antenna he's bringing probably IS better than the Terk you're using. That's a VERY low bar to hit.
The rest of the issues are still unacceptable, period.

What IS it with these people?...it just isn't that hard to work with this technology, and I keep hearing about people that have a complete and total lack of the concept of "Customer Satisfaction". If you've decided on VOOM, then this guy's job is to give you the best VOOM install possible. If YOU ask HIM for his opinion of various providers, great. Other than that, he should shut up and do everything he can to make you a happy customer.

Amazing.

Lob

Sean Mota said:
nitstalker,

send an email to "Joe Harkins" <jharkins@installs.com> with your story. This guy should not be installing V* at all. Ask for a different installer if possible.
Who is Joe Harkins? What is installs.com? My install was done by Datalink Systems. Are they just a subcontractor? Does Joe care about Datalink?

Trouthead said:
His pay for the install is $125.00. I don't know if that includes travel as he is 105 miles from my house. I don't have a clue what DISH pays for an install.

If I remember correctly D* and E* installs are $80 or $90 per install. Voom is $125 per install. Regardless of hours, # of lines etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts