I want my METV

Discussion in 'Over the Air TV By RabbitEars.Info' started by slothman2000, Aug 24, 2019.

1. slothman2000

slothman2000 Topic Starter New Member

Does anyone know what happened to K25DI-D channel in Silver City? METV. Telemundo, H and I and Charge are on this channel and my antenna won't pick them up....

2. FTA4PA

FTA4PA Satellite Guys Family Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Satellite Guys! Were you able to get them before? Perhaps they have changed frequencies because of the repack? If so, you would need to do a rescan so your tv can find them again.

3. slothman2000

yes. I could get them before...I tried re-scanning several times..It is a translator which has gone out several times in the past but this is the longest that it has been out..Life in the little city i guess

4. babnmn

babnmn SatelliteGuys Family

5. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

Maybe ask some neighbors if they can still get it. Perhaps it is having transmitter troubles or something.

comfortably_numb and FTA4PA like this.
  6. FTA4PA

FTA4PA Satellite Guys Family Lifetime Supporter

Agree with primestar31. If others close to you are having issues it's a safe bet it's down again otherwise the problem is on your end. Either way I hope you get it back soon. :)

7. slothman2000

yep, I get all of the other channel packs listed except for K25DI-D package

8. Mister B

Mister B SatelliteGuys Pro Pub Member / Supporter

When I lived in Alamogordo, about 22 years ago, I would call the main station in Albuquerque when there was a translator problem. The engineer at KOB even gave me a toll free number and seemed to appreciate the information. At that time they had no other way of knowing when there was a translator problem at a remote location. I would imagine nowadays they could set up Skype in front of a monitor or something but may not.
    I also had the option of turning my antenna towards Carrizozo to pick up their translators although a bit snowy.

9. comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb Dogs have owners, cats have staff Pub Member / Supporter

This happened one time to Topeka KTWU PBS' translator in Iola, KS. I had driven down to Iola to do a field test on the signal strength and found the transmitter to be offline at the time. I emailed the station engineer and he said they'd get it fixed the next day. This was only last year, so perhaps they still have no other way to know if their transmitter is down other than consumer contact.

charlesrshell likes this.

Separate names with a comma.

More...