I want my METV

Does anyone know what happened to K25DI-D channel in Silver City? METV. Telemundo, H and I and Charge are on this channel and my antenna won't pick them up....
Welcome to Satellite Guys! Were you able to get them before? Perhaps they have changed frequencies because of the repack? If so, you would need to do a rescan so your tv can find them again.

Welcome to Satellite Guys! Were you able to get them before? Perhaps they have changed frequencies because of the repack? If so, you would need to do a rescan so your tv can find them again.
yes. I could get them before...I tried re-scanning several times..It is a translator which has gone out several times in the past but this is the longest that it has been out..Life in the little city i guess

upload_2019-8-24_12-19-39.png

yes. I could get them before...I tried re-scanning several times..It is a translator which has gone out several times in the past but this is the longest that it has been out..Life in the little city i guess

Maybe ask some neighbors if they can still get it. Perhaps it is having transmitter troubles or something.

Maybe ask some neighbors if they can still get it. Perhaps it is having transmitter troubles or something.
Agree with primestar31. If others close to you are having issues it's a safe bet it's down again otherwise the problem is on your end. Either way I hope you get it back soon. :)

When I lived in Alamogordo, about 22 years ago, I would call the main station in Albuquerque when there was a translator problem. The engineer at KOB even gave me a toll free number and seemed to appreciate the information. At that time they had no other way of knowing when there was a translator problem at a remote location. I would imagine nowadays they could set up Skype in front of a monitor or something but may not.
I also had the option of turning my antenna towards Carrizozo to pick up their translators although a bit snowy.

When I lived in Alamogordo, about 22 years ago, I would call the main station in Albuquerque when there was a translator problem. The engineer at KOB even gave me a toll free number and seemed to appreciate the information. At that time they had no other way of knowing when there was a translator problem at a remote location.

This happened one time to Topeka KTWU PBS' translator in Iola, KS. I had driven down to Iola to do a field test on the signal strength and found the transmitter to be offline at the time. I emailed the station engineer and he said they'd get it fixed the next day. This was only last year, so perhaps they still have no other way to know if their transmitter is down other than consumer contact.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)