I want your used spun aluminum dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimeMechanic

Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
I am looking to buy a spun aluminum dish to make an art project. If you have a cheap spun aluminum dish over 5' in diameter within a few hours drive of southeastern PA please email me with your details. Thanks

OP in case you are not aware this site is for (amongst other things) the discussion by enthusiasts for the use of big satellite dishes for their ORIGINAL purpose of receiving satellite signals for television reception. Your request for help in turning one of these dishes into an art project is similar to one of us going onto an art forum asking for a used Mona Lisa to fix a hole in my car. Some members here might find your post EXTREMELY insulting.

Not likely from anyone here, unless the art is sucking in signals from the sky. (LOL)
Sorry for the bad news, and trying to be humorous at the same time. Spun aluminium dishes are a prized acquisition in the search for elusive electronic waves from the sky. They are also about the rarest find "in the wild". In the wild= unused or abandoned and able to be transplanted. Mesh types are the most common, and they are getting rare also. May have to do as a lot of us here do, take some rural roads with a spotter, looking for prey to be harvested. Good luck in your search. If your hunts turn unsuccessful, maybe an alternative canvas may have to suffice(?).

Some dishes get a little out of shape from the wind. I need to take a picture of one I saw about a week ago and post.
Good luck with your search.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts