I was asked to call "Receiver Auditing"

I wouldn't tolerate three audits in three months and neither would the majority of the people out there. I would be asking why so many audits in such a short period of time.

Stargazer said:
I wouldn't tolerate three audits in three months and neither would the majority of the people out there. I would be asking why so many audits in such a short period of time.
unfortunatley i have to keep them because i have invested money in all my recievers owned and i could sell them but nobody will buy 8 recievers that will be worthless in 1-2 years
yes it seems they employ a audit agent to monitor my account 24/7

since dish has been such a**holes
i had aep to avoid dvr fees
hd pack
superstations pack
dns locals
ten extacy
sports pack

so since then i removed
ten extacy
sports pack

Ill continue to get the majority of my programming from direct,bell, and starchoice

so dish is losing out on an additional 40.00 usd on my account every month
do to the retards in audit team
keep treating people like sh*t, then will see how many customers you have.

Last edited:
THAT'S BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because I don't have a land line phone, I would have to pay Fees AND be subject to an audit!!!!!!

This is Patefic, call the FCC and change laws to stop this DUMB thing.... Good thing I have cable...

jhamps10 said:
THAT'S BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because I don't have a land line phone, I would have to pay Fees AND be subject to an audit!!!!!!
This is Patefic, call the FCC and change laws to stop this DUMB thing.... Good thing I have cable...

It's corporate policy, the FCC has nothing to do with it. While I personally think it is a boneheaded and archaic policy, fact is.......E* is not a monopoly and they have every right to shoot themselves in the foot if they so choose.

NightRyder

Last edited:
I was audited today with only one receiver and they were very rude. I use my cellphone as my main phone line and the person laughed as he asked if I was too poor to afford a "real" phone. I think I'm going to be "too poor" to stay with dish.

Auditing Issue

One Of Our Customer's Received This Because He Took Two Of His Four Receivers And Moved Them To A Second Location, Had Trouble And Called Directly In To Dish Support And Admitted They Were In Two Places, Therefore Told Him To Call Auditing, They Then Set Up Two Seperate Accounts And Billed Him For Both, So Be Careful, This Customer Did This Without Us Knowing (2nd Location) Self Install.

For The Person Stone Phillips 420, I Think One Residential Account Can Only Have Up To Four Leased Receivers And Two Owned Receivers; Total Of 6, After That They Will Audit You Because They Feel You Are More Commercial. Directv I Think Is Also The Same Because We Had One Of The State Reps When It Was Pegasus Check One Of Our Own Accounts That Had 6 Receivers To Make Sure Its Residential, So They Do Monitor How Many Receivers On Each Personal Account.

DJ Rob said:
I was audited today with only one receiver and they were very rude. I use my cellphone as my main phone line and the person laughed as he asked if I was too poor to afford a "real" phone. I think I'm going to be "too poor" to stay with dish.

How stupid is this? How can a subscriber with 1 receiver be account stacking? E* auditing team is out of control and needs their leash yanked!

NightRyder

digitaldogger said:
For The Person Stone Phillips 420, I Think One Residential Account Can Only Have Up To Four Leased Receivers And Two Owned Receivers; Total Of 6, After That They Will Audit You Because They Feel You Are More Commercial. Directv I Think Is Also The Same Because We Had One Of The State Reps When It Was Pegasus Check One Of Our Own Accounts That Had 6 Receivers To Make Sure Its Residential, So They Do Monitor How Many Receivers On Each Personal Account.
for dish im allowed 8 recievers for direct as many as my hearts content

DJ Rob, please please tell me that you are joking. Why on earth would Dish Network want to audit someone with just one receiver? How could that person be hacking? If they are going to go that extreme Hello DirecTv! At least with DirecTv I wouldnt have to worry about rude auditors. What does DirecTv do deactivate receivers not connected to a phoneline? Does this mean if I have a cell phone only and want to go with DirecTv that its not an option for more than one receiver?

Stargazer said:
Does this mean if I have a cell phone only and want to go with DirecTv that its not an option for more than one receiver?

No, D* doesn't care - I KNOW this because I have several customers that either are cell-only w/multiple receivers, or have multiple receivers, of which some are NOT on phone lines. In any event, NONE of them have ever had a problem w/D* on this. I even just did a 3 receiver/DVR install a couple nights ago & the guy is cell-only - because he was getting a D-Tivo, I did tell D* he DID have a phone line, just so they activate the damm thing, but I had already setup it back at my place, so it's working just fine. ;)

dishrich said:
No, D* doesn't care - I KNOW this because I have several customers that either are cell-only w/multiple receivers, or have multiple receivers, of which some are NOT on phone lines. In any event, NONE of them have ever had a problem w/D* on this. . ;)

Rich I believe that the only reason that DTV does not care is because they have not been able to send out a different set of numbers to DTV receivers. Hide and watch it will not take DTV long once they get the new reprogramable receivers out there to start checking. So if ur cheating the system dont be in a hurry to swap out ur equipment.

BTW dont say never..Satellite Business news just had a reort on a US postal boss who had 10 receivers on one account. The USPS boss had given each one of his employees a receiver that was on his account. All 10 postal workers are facing federal racketeering and conspiacy charges.

Damn stamps will be going up again probably...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)