Status
Please reply by conversation.

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
What if I could put three LNB's on a motorized 1m Primestar dish? :)

After about 6 hours, SHAZAM! :)

The universal LNB doesn't work that well, I think I need to do some re-engineering, I don't think its at the focal point of the dish. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_1321.JPG
    IMG_1321.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 227
What if I could put three LNB's on a motorized 1m Primestar dish? :)

After about 6 hours, SHAZAM! :)

The universal LNB doesn't work that well, I think I need to do some re-engineering, I don't think its at the focal point of the dish. :D

Nice bracket work Stogie, I'm going to have to bookmark this one.

I have a standard and circular on my motorized dish, and it works pretty good, but want to work on a better bracket system when it gets warm out a few months from now :)

Now try to get USALS to understand what the heck it's supposed to do with that setup :D

Naaa...Digi had it right. I just use Disecq 1.2 to run the motor until it has signal, then store it.

.....had an idea

Now that scares the hell outta me. :):)

Looks pretty neat, hope you get the bugs worked out.

I love you too. :)

I expect to see him in a cape running around.... outside :D

Hey by the time that was done I had three cups of coffee and two cigars so I had enough caffeine and nicotine to fly dang near it...:)

Nice bracket work Stogie, I'm going to have to bookmark this one.

I have a standard and circular on my motorized dish, and it works pretty good, but want to work on a better bracket system when it gets warm out a few months from now :)

The brackets are 1" wide by .125 thick steel, its surprising what you can do with a bench vise, a ball pein hammer and some time. Used the stainless steel bolts from a wrecked BUD I got awhile back. Only thing I bought was the conduit clamps and paint. Had to cut a piece of 1.250 plastic pipe to use as a spacer on the Universal LNB to get it to clamp right. I am gonna take that off and replace it with a stainless hose clamp so I can have more in and out adjustment to get the focal length right on that Universal.

Low buck Project, baby! :up

Last edited:
Uh uh. Steel conduit clamps. Painted black because...well....because I like it that way. :)

Nice work Guy!

Be careful and not too many cigars. We don't want a nicotine overdose. :)

I did my motorized like Iceberg. Only have one DBS hanging off the side with hose clamp and wire ties. Been on there over a year now and still working fine.

I offset mine 6.2 degrees in USALS from where it is supposed to be, and it work fine.

I thought I saw a Hughes! Pound for pound, an absolutely wonderful LNB! I only wish there was a dual-output version. That's why there's a stacked Dish FSS LNB on my 1M Channel Master instead of a Hughes...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)