I was bored yesterday.....had an idea

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had in interesting problem, one that completely baffled me. After I installed the circular LNB I proceeded to work my way across the arc, storing the positions as I went. When I got to 82w, I could NOT get it to come in! I could get 61.5 and 91 on each side, but NOT 82.

Digiblur and I had an hour conversation yesterday about it on the phone, and the only thing we could come up with is that the side braces were interfering with reception at that particular dish position.

So today, coffee and cigar in hand, I took the bracket off and cut it back so it was moved closer to the centerline of the dish, probably .375 inch or so. That did it. I have no problem raising any circular satellite from 148w to 61.5w with my setup. :up

Just thought I would pass that along, it was the weirdest thing I have experienced since beginning my FTA projects. Well, that and the motorized dish combo that I spent a week on not knowing what was wrong....but that's another day.:)

weird. Not that there is anything on 82 for free except for the HD demo channel but its nice to be able to scan in the satellite :)

weird. Not that there is anything on 82 for free except for the HD demo channel but its nice to be able to scan in the satellite :)

Yes indeed...

With a true FTA'er it's not what you watch but how many TP's can you scan and which birds can you hit. Regardless if there's only 3 foreign preview channels with some guy selling a bunch of rugs or not. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts