I would have never survived my first day with the Hopper without this forum....

ArmChairGumshoe

Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Found out that I can only have five folders....and it wasn't something I was doing wrong.

Found out that the limits on my timers was more about how many events I had
rather than the number of timers.

Every time I ran into a problem...I came here and did a search...and it was SO helpful!

Just wanted to say thanks!

I took the plunge Friday and almost instantly wanted my 211k's back. I had them refined down to a science with a network of HDMI switches and IR repeaters delivering a delightful dual-tuner experience in every room (with PC support to match).

As quickly as I soured on the Hopper this forum has nursed me through it and I am coming out the other side. Despite the myriad shortcomings (and it really is a long list), auto-skipping PTAT is amazing and I want to thank the members of this forum for getting me through the rest. You guys have been nothing but understanding, knowledgeable and helpful.

Can someone elaborate on the "I can only have five folders" statement?

there's a My Folders system of sorting your DVR content. Dish for some reason has created a 5 folder limit on the Hopper which makes it nearly useless on a 1TB space that can store hundreds of shows.

The limit might have been ok if we could at least have the shows sort by show when nested in the folders, but they don't do that either.

Part of it's discussed here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/284465-group-episodes-together-my-folder.html

Last edited:
there's a My Folders system of sorting your DVR content. Dish for some reason has created a 5 folder limit on the Hopper which makes it nearly useless on a 1TB space that can store hundreds of shows.

The limit might have been ok if we could at least have the shows sort by show when nested in the folders, but they don't do that either.

Part of it's discussed here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/284465-group-episodes-together-my-folder.html

Thanks, I missed that thread.

Thank you all for the welcome.

Truthfully, I am having buyers remorse right now.

We record a LOT and I am a control freak about organizing...and the folder restrictions and viewing options are terrible.

But by far the worst thing is the white font on the grey background! I wear glasses and have bad eyesight...and I have to struggle to read it all.

I am hoping to get used to it........or maybe they will fix it?????

Scott said a while back that they plan on making a more SD-friendly menu system (no telling when though.) That would probably be the menu system that you would prefer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)