Ia 6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I have been scanning IA 6 for CNN and Classic Arts Showcase could not find them. Did find The University Network though... I'm wondering if the other 2 Channels are not there anymore.

Strange I was getting the IRS Channel and The University Network but could not see CNN.... now I get no Signal on IA 6 at all.

I have 4 seach setting that say all.... lol I tried all of them.

Auto All – To search automatically all TP’s for all channels

NIT All – To search network index table for all channels

TP All – To search selected TP’s for all channels. To select TP’s move to TP Data

Manual All – To search a single TP for all channels.

just thought of another FAQ for the FTA area. What satellites do you need to scan for "ALL" instead of just "FTA" to find all the FTA channels?

Gary Z said:
I have been scanning IA 6 for CNN and Classic Arts Showcase could not find them. Did find The University Network though... I'm wondering if the other 2 Channels are not there anymore.

I think I get Clasic Arts on C band Analog ?

Wyr

Iceberg said:
only one I know of is AMC4 for the Church type channels. The rest are usually just "FTA only"
And IA-6 which you were suggesting above?

Classic Arts Showcase is also on Dish Network channel 9406 on 61.5 and 148.

Last edited:
And IA-6 which you were suggesting above?
normally they show up as in the clear...but once in a blue moon they like to throw the $ in there but its still free.

I try not to scan all for IA6 as there are lots of stuff there with $ on them

I get like 3 cnn's (1 is scrambled) but it doesnt scan in as cnn, unfortunatly I can't remember what it scan's in as and I am not where I can look to see what it is (if it is still on).

I cheched lunchtime today and all three BTV 601 to 603 were there with CNN and no $ sign.So how should you scan that satellite, if you use just FTA you may miss some stuff.

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.