IA5 Quality Readings Lower?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If its interference from an adjacent satellite using the same or a similar transponder that would explain it!

We have come across this before with sports feeds and even on the G10R satellite, its as though the adjcent satellite using the same TP. pulls some power from the signal.

Attachments

• CROSS POLE.jpg
    CROSS POLE.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
i have about 90% signal quality but when i watch VTV4 at night i get no video quality and in the day it is about 30% video quality any help on why this happens?

dukedefile said:
i have about 90% signal quality but when i watch VTV4 at night i get no video quality and in the day it is about 30% video quality any help on why this happens?

90%, 30% / Signal , Video during the day???? Please clarify.

Not sure what receiver that you are using, but 30% is low .... If the signal drops out in the heat of the day or in the chill of the night, the problem could be related to the LNBF LO frequency drifting outside the range of the automatic fine tuning of the receiver. Try adjusting the LO frequency up or down 2 or 3MHz.

The recent drop in quality on this transponder will take threshold signal quality to an unviewable status.

Last edited:
PSB said:
We have come across this before with sports feeds and even on the G10R satellite, its as though the adjcent satellite using the same TP. pulls some power from the signal.

so true :)

The key thing is the adjacent satellite has to use the same polarity and a close frequency. Thats why on G10 11720 gives us fits (because DIsh121 has 11724 next door at 121) but 11800 doesn't (Dish uses 11800 too but H polarity).

The bigger the dish, the less interference

BTW - I ordered a 90cm dish and LBF from you guys on Monday - got it a few minutes ago (I'm in SoCal). Super great service - thanks. I am sure it'll fix my problem with interference. Thanks again.

SatelliteAV said:

Not sure what receiver that you are using, but 30% is low .... If the signal drops out in the heat of the day or in the chill of the night, the problem could be related to the LNBF LO frequency drifting outside the range of the automatic fine tuning of the receiver. Try adjusting the LO frequency up or down 2 or 3MHz.

The recent drop in quality on this transponder will take threshold signal quality to an unviewable status.

JimTram,
Please let us know how (much) signal quality improves after upgrading your dish.
I probably would follow your step !

How much SatAV charges for the Dish shipping to you (SoCal) ?
I could not find out unless I have to register... and I don't want to do that step yet !?

So much Thx !

Hi Tom_V

I installed a GeoSat Pro 90cm dish and GSL1s-Bullet LNBF. My signal went from the 40's to the 60's on RRSAT. All other transponders increased approx. 10%. and I now have a range from the low 70's to high 90's. Initial and fine tuning was a breeze.

Total cost was 111.16 which included $20.00 shipping from Rosevale to Camarillo. Transit time - one day! I would definitely buy from them again. Perhaps a better recv than the one I have now is in the cards.

Wife is flipping between TGN and VTV4 now.

Good Luck to You.

tom_v said:
JimTram,
Please let us know how (much) signal quality improves after upgrading your dish.
I probably would follow your step !

How much SatAV charges for the Dish shipping to you (SoCal) ?
I could not find out unless I have to register... and I don't want to do that step yet !?

So much Thx !

Last edited:
i have a pansat 2700a receiver the video quality is at 30% always for VTV4 but at night it doesn't seem to work at all. What could be the problem? Is VTV4 always at 30% quality because i have never gotten any higher.

SatelliteAV said:

It seems to me that if you're on the East or West coast, the only choice to improve signal quality on those TPs these days is to get a bigger dish ( > 33" or 90cm), unless you want to move to the mid. states (like in MN, TX,...) where the signal seems to be OK ...!? (Just IMO)

signal STRENGTH doesn't mean anything. Its the quality that matters :)

signal strength on the Pansat means you're in the neighborhood of the satellite but maybe not tweaked. I had that last night when I was aiming a dish for IA6 and the signal went to 85 but no quality. Dropped elevation a smidge and signal went down to 75 but quality shot up to 80 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i get you so do you get VTV4 if so what is the quality on it? My current LNB is a TEE-COMM 11.7-12.2 GHz, 950-1450MHz,10-15V vertical, and 16-20V horizontal. I was thinking about changing it but no one has a similar one that would fit my holder. My holder only holds 2" diameter LNB

Iceberg said:
signal STRENGTH doesn't mean anything. Its the quality that matters :)

signal strength on the Pansat means you're in the neighborhood of the satellite but maybe not tweaked. I had that last night when I was aiming a dish for IA6 and the signal went to 85 but no quality. Dropped elevation a smidge and signal went down to 75 but quality shot up to 80 :)

Sorry about all these question, when i rotate the LNB do i rotate to the left or right when your looking right at the Dish, i looked up the LNB rotation and for IA5 it says to rotate to 16.3 degrees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)