IBM PC turns 30 today!

Wow! I actually worked on one of those first IBM PCs!
Two floppy drives, no hard drive, 64 KB of RAM expandable to 256 KB...
Then the first XT came out with a 10 MB hard drive. That was a lot of storage! I could't fill it up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wow! If I were to were stack all the varoius mainframes, mid-range computers, servers, desktops, laptops, networking and security devices I've worked with or purchased since I started my IT career in '81...I could walk to the moon. My how the world has changed with the mass-market appeal of the IBM PC.

Happy Birthday! Now, if only we could manufacture our stuff here and not in China.

I interviewed for that IBM operation in Boca when I was getting my masters. Took the job with HP instead and worked on the losing side of the computer revolution (HP 9826/35/45, HP86, HP150 and the original Vectra)

If I were to were stack all the varoius mainframes, mid-range computers, servers, desktops, laptops, networking and security devices I've worked with or purchased since I started my IT career in '81...I could walk to the moon.

Ha-ha! I think you actully would have to stack all computers ever made to get to the moon :)

I never worked on PC Jr (only on PC, XT, AT, 386S, 386, 486, etc. ;)), but as I remember, PC Jr was some odd design.

I never worked on PC Jr (only on PC, XT, AT, 386S, 386, 486, etc. ;)), but as I remember, PC Jr was some odd design.

<deleted incorrect info> Big deal was made when someone got wind (& snaps, IIRC) of huge numbers of brand new Jrs being bulldozed into landfill.

Look here for story and picture of chiclet keyboard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)