Ice Ice Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatSniper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Power is going out and the ice is stacking up in Eastern Iowa.

I bought 100 pounds of salt but I might be 500 pounds short of what I need to melt it all off :eek:.

Same here in southern Iowa. Our crews are already out repairing downed fiber... but it's going to be another losing battle. My power just came back on (off since 4am), but I expect it to go back off by evening. Yippee!

it's starting here too in SW michigan, Rain/sleet mix, temp dropping, roads already covered with slush and ice pellets.

huh...guess I shouldn't b**ch when that arctic high sits on top of us in MN...that keeps the bad weather south of us :)

I'm hoping our little blankie we call Lake Michigan keep warm enough to prevent freezing rain long enough so it only freezes on the ground and not on everything.

So far, so good. I'll take lake effect snow over freezing rain anyday

Freezing rain blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trees are coated and the road looks like the slushy machine threw up all over the place I always love putting my foot down in a slush crap pile while trying to cross the road :)

I feel for all you folks. It's 75 here right now at nearly 4pm in n Ala. Way above the usual, for even us, this time of year. I think one more day of it and then it gets colder. Re-pointed my AMC1 dish in the sunshine today, ladybugs and lizards falling out of every crack and shady spot in the dish mount and lnbs lol

I feel for all you folks. It's 75 here right now at nearly 4pm in n Ala. Way above the usual, for even us, this time of year. I think one more day of it and then it gets colder. Re-pointed my AMC1 dish in the sunshine today, ladybugs and lizards falling out of every crack and shady spot in the dish mount and lnbs lol

Send that 75 up here :) It's 34 outside right now with light rain/freezing rain. I just hope the moisture passes before the temps drop below freezing. Don't feel like being on dish de iceing patrol tonight.

Just heard the weather, they are predicting snow showers and flurries saturday !LOL have to love this weather, 80 yesterday and half of that by sat

We almost made it through this storm without losing power until yesterday around 11:00 AM. The power went off, and didn't come back until this afternoon around 3:00 PM.

I didn't even get to participate in the great give-away last night. :(

The only saving grace with this storm is that the ground was too warm for it to really stick on the road surfaces. Though it stuck everywhere else.

Here are a few shots of my dishes coated with ice and the trees from my front door. :D

bview-p10-unimesh.jpg bview-p10-unimesh-sideview.jpg pinnacle-sami.jpg

from-my-front-door-ice.jpg from-my-front-door-ice2.jpg from-my-front-door-ice3.jpg

For those of you from warmer climates, we get at least one of these ice storms every year, and sometimes multiple ice storms.

It would be nice for a change to get some nice dry powdery snow. :)

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)