ID this dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Me and a friend do IT work around pensacola. He goes to a lot of remote places in the country and came upon this the other day and the lady said who ever wants it can come get it. It looks pretty rusted and strange. If you were offered would you take it. I do have a new c-band lnb for it.

Attachments

• sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 224
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 187
  • imagejpeg_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 212
  • imagejpeg_4.jpg
    imagejpeg_4.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 217
Hi, when I look at the 3RD picture the way the light is coming and the shadows from the mesh it looks like the rib supports are made of Re-bar. ;-)

Looks like it is still in serviceable condition, should make a good BUD project.

Later, DC

You didn't say the size, but with the complicated ribs, I'm guessing 12 feet if it's an inch. - :cool:
Is it well painted, powder coated, or all aluminum?
I grew up in Florida, and to see no degradation to the dish, is impressive.
Especially compared to the mount. - :rolleyes:

edit: I'll go out on a limb and say it's for C-band only. Too coarse for Ku would be my guess.

Find that baby a home. Don't let it go to the scrap yard.

Probably going to find a home at my homeboy's house and be used for some sports feeds. Thing is we dont want to put a pole in the ground, if anyone has any good info on a BUD non penetrating roof mount, pls fwd to me! Thx.

I wouldnt put it on the roof. Way too much weight. Chop the pole flush with the ground, and make a base out of angle iron.

yeah i dont want it on the roof, i want it in the back yard but on a 'non penetrating roof mount style' mount ya know for like the concrete slab patio out back, any instructions anyone have on something like that?

I've seen plenty of setups. Easy way to build one is to make a square 3.5 feet by 3.5 feet out of angle iron, then a cross going through that, the pole sits in the middle and has angle iron welded to it from 3 sides going to 3 sides to make a tripod. The pole doesn't have to be level, you can use shims and whatnot to level the base.

Be sure to stack plenty of blocks on it. I would do at least 250 pounds. If it goes on the ground, drill some holes in the bottom of the angle iron and put some nice anchors through it, you can make some cheap outa re-bar.

I've seen plenty of setups. Easy way to build one is to make a square 3.5 feet by 3.5 feet out of angle iron, then a cross going through that, the pole sits in the middle and has angle iron welded to it from 3 sides going to 3 sides to make a tripod. The pole doesn't have to be level, you can use shims and whatnot to level the base.

Be sure to stack plenty of blocks on it. I would do at least 250 pounds. If it goes on the ground, drill some holes in the bottom of the angle iron and put some nice anchors through it, you can make some cheap outa re-bar.

nice, that should work, now i just got to find someone who can weld and has the equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts