Identify this fiberglass dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tim2co

Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
I got this dish three years ago & I still haven't seen any other forum member with it. I'm wondering if someone can tell me the brand behind this dish.

It's about 8 foot in diameter. Deep dish design. Molded fiberglass with no ribbing in the back. It picks up Ku pretty well since I used a C/Ku band LNBF on it before.

It's extremely heavy & I had to use two hands to install it;)

Attachments

• Fiberglass Dish- Front.JPG
    Fiberglass Dish- Front.JPG
    492 KB · Views: 259
  • Fiberglass Dish- Back.JPG
    Fiberglass Dish- Back.JPG
    679.9 KB · Views: 238
what ever it is, it's a nice look'in dish.

I got this dish three years ago & I still haven't seen any other forum member with it. I'm wondering if someone can tell me the brand behind this dish.

It's about 8 foot in diameter. Deep dish design. Molded fiberglass with no ribbing in the back. It picks up Ku pretty well since I used a C/Ku band LNBF on it before.

It's extremely heavy & I had to use two hands to install it;)

Beach Craft made several like this , one i know was a solid fiberglass . but i thought the support arms were bent closer to the dish and Beach Craft had a big oversized lnb cover that was flat on the end much like the BirdViews. Beach Crafts were very distinctive because of the Large emblem at the Center of the dish a BC intertwined. they were also popular at hotels.

Can you attach a pic of that stamp?

Here's a picture of that serial number/ date stamp. Sorry for the poor focus. It's fairly evident that they used a mold insert to change the numbers for each dish or lot during manufacturing.

Attachments

• TBO-8-15894.JPG
    TBO-8-15894.JPG
    492.4 KB · Views: 178
Beach Craft made several like this , one i know was a solid fiberglass . but i thought the support arms were bent closer to the dish and Beach Craft had a big oversized lnb cover that was flat on the end much like the BirdViews. Beach Crafts were very distinctive because of the Large emblem at the Center of the dish a BC intertwined. they were also popular at hotels.

Thanks for the feedback Gabshere. This is one heavy-duty dish. Even though there's no reinforcement ribs on the back side, it still retained its shape well with no warpage.

I noticed that the big advantage of fiberglass dish is hail resistance. This dish probably went through countless Colorado hail storms & its surface is still smooth as a baby's bottom :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)