Identifying 4-segment fiberglass dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

localsat

Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Oregon
Do fiberglass dish panels have identifying marks as to who made them anywhere on them? I picked up a free 4-panel dish with polar mount, but can't seem to find out who manufactured it. I've heard that 4-panel dishes were commonly copied/"pirated" if you will, and these clones have a less-than-desirable shape to them. Anyone heard of this? I can post pictures if that helps!

Posting pictures would be your best bet on fiberglass.

Any body could make a fiberglas dish in their back yard. All it took was a mound of sand to serve as a mold, fiberglass cloth and some resin. Some of the copy cats even forgot to put screening in the fiberglass to serve as a reflector. Prodelin, Channel Master and I think Winegard did make some good commercial dishes but few others were consistent quality.

USS [Maspro] made a 2 piece in 10 & 12 Ft. Also had a 16ft, but can't remember if that was 2 or 3 pieces. Most are still in commercial service yet today. We sold the same 10 ft model w/ polar mount for 'personal' use BITD. Expensive, yes, but worth the performance. Outperformed any other 'glass or mesh by miles.

Here are some pics of the dish after I brought it home. Came with a Saginaw jack (not pictured).
20140806_094033.jpg 20140806_094040.jpg 20140806_094059.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)