Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
Iceberg et al,
Thanks for answering my questions in thread satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=86715. I worked for some time yesterday night and here is the update. I found my first bird trying to find G10R and geting a qualtiy of 78 to 91% on that bird. Based on direction I guess it is E9. Doing a satellite scan I got 63 Scarmbled TV channels and few radio channels out of which 3 are scrambled, remaining once there is no audio. Now my quetions follow:
1. How to identify which satellite I am on?
2. If I am on E9, G10R should be ~2° west and Inclination to be ~1° less as per calculations. But I tried a lot to get some signal level in vain. So I got doubt that I was not on E9 earlier. How difficult is it to get on to G10R?
3. What should be the minimum level to get tuned in G10R? I do not have South LOS from apt patio, so only g10r seems to be a choice for me.
4. Photo taken by keeping the camera in the center of dish shows, about 2% of the bottom covered with trees. Will it be a problem for G10R?

Guys, I highly appreciate your hard work. You guys rock!! :hatsoff:

Thanks and Best Regards,
Zero

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Traxis DBS 1500 Receiver, DrSat Universal LNBF, 30" Offset Dish

Beeb,

I found only scrambled channels, with 20000 SR. I am at office and cannot tell you about freq. Does this help?

Thanks,
Zero

Well, if you have a Ku LNB and are pointed vaguely in the way of G10R, this is sufficient proof that you've found Echostar 9 at 121 degrees. G10R is only 2 degrees west.
You must search for G10R by setting your receiver to the correct transponder and frequency rate, because signal level is pretty much the same even if you are pointed between G10R and E9. I suggest you use a strong transponder from G10R, like 11800V SR 26657, and look for any signal quality (not strength) reading from your receiver.

20000 SR tells me that is most likely E*121 as you suspect. There should be one unscrambled channel there that says "congratulations you have a superdish pointed at 121"

For me, getting from there to 123 was a pain. Turned out to be a tree just slightly in the way, Katrina blew the top out of it and now it works fine for me.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
You can tell what bird you are on by looking at what the channels scan in as. You can then look them up on the Internet.
On my receiver, all the Dish stuff scans in as "TV Ch" or "Radio Ch" which is not very descriptive.

Pepper said:
On my receiver, all the Dish stuff scans in as "TV Ch" or "Radio Ch" which is not very descriptive.

yep. SOme of the receivers do that...my KUSat does that too

yep, some will do it as
"radio 959" but some will just say "TV1", TV2, etc

what really sucks is if you scan a DBS slot and get TV1-5 and then rescan it and find something new, now you have 2 TV1's :(

I have Traxis DBS1500 and it shows TV1,TV2,....TV63, Radio1, Radio 2 etc..

Status
Please reply by conversation.