IE8 with Windows 7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I am noticing a strange issue with Satelliteguys.us with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 on multiple computers including my home desktop, work desktop, work laptop and my media center desktop system. This has been going on for at least 2 months.

In all cases, when you visit the forums on satelliteguys.us, each page you load is extremely slow to display. I am not sure if it is one of the advertisements loading (and preventing the rest of the page from displaying) or what.

If I switch to Firefox 3 on any of these systems, the page loads "normally" and very fast.

Anyone else have any issues with Windows 7 and IE 8?

No problems here with IE8 on win 7. I actually think it's about the same performance at firefox for me.

On my old XP box running IE8, firefox is markedly faster.

That is why I have not used IE in years. Since FF came out, that is all I use (except for the rare occasion when I have to use IE on MS sites in order to download something)

I have W7 and IE8 on this pc. Works well. I am real curious. What internet security are you using and what settings do you have under developer tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts