If a Tailgater is stolen....

No, they are not able to do that. if you are worried about someone stealing it, then I would secure it to something with a heavy lock. Also, if you are really paranoid, I'm sure you could get it microchipped somehow...just like a pet.

I think Dish could easily send a disable command to the receiver once its reported stolen.

You can't disable the Tailgater, it's only a dish assembly that works with a 211 receiver. Now if the 211 was stolen as well, that could be disabled, but another 211 will easily use the stolen Tailgater....

I don't know much about tailgate setups, but for $50 you can get a gps smart phone, load it with a prepaid card with page plus, then you've got yourself a tiny mobile gps tracker you can hide somewhere in the tailgate unit... Great for tracking vehicles discretely as well.

I was just curious if Dish Network was able to communicate with the tailgater. I know that I had to activate it before I could use it. I would never steal one. That would require physical activity and I'm retired. :coffee

I was just curious if Dish Network was able to communicate with the tailgater. I know that I had to activate it before I could use it. I would never steal one. That would require physical activity and I'm retired. :coffee

It's a receive only device. Doesn't send anything back to Dish, through the dish or any other means. Only the ViP211 series receivers actually communicate with Dish, via broadband or phone line.

That was a joke, and I meant no disrespect. It just sounded funny at the time.... I do have quite the skewed sense of humor, and it doesn't always go over right away.

The tailgater is not a device that gets activated. It's just a portable Dish. Just like if someone took the Dish antenna off your house you would have no way of tracking it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)