If I add an AM21 for OTA channels to an HR24 will it distribute the channels to an H24?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hokie74

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I know the new Genie will do this but can the HR24 do the same thing for other non-DVR HD receivers?

It should be noted that, if a tuner is free, if you hit record on the HR24, you can then pull up the program on the other receiver from the "list" button. So you can access OTA channels from the other receiver, just not easily or directly from the guide.

just a clarification. If you have an AM21 attached to the HR34 genie then attached CLIENTS (C31s) can see OTA channels directly but not any other receivers /DVRs. Those can see OTA recordings via whole home as ejb1980 has posted.

Good point. That is the sole reason I am upgrading to the Genie/client set-up instead of my current HR24/H25 set up. The CBS station I receive via Directv is laughable but the neighboring DMA's CBS station is legit (and stronger OTA here than my "local" one...). I miss the subchannels in the bedroom, too.

Thanks for all the great answers and suggestions. My two year contract is up this month. Is there any chance I could get an upgrade to a Genie and a Client for signing another contract?

call retention and see wh8at they say....too many variables (payment history, programing package, tenure, etc) to say a specific answer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts