Insatall question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rcmaniac6

Original poster
Feb 21, 2013
hampton virginia
I have a slimline dish with a 3 LNB head Model AU9 and an HR25 HD DVR. By my research I must use a BBC and I have QTY 1. I want to do the following setup: will it work? Run only one coax from the 1st (one on the left) connector on the LNB straight to my HR24, not through any switch, just to the BBC, the BBC is connected to the #1 SAT IN tuner terminal on the rcvr. I know that I will be sacrificing some functions and capabilties using only one tuner. For now I just need to get a signal and some TV. Does it matter which terminal I connect to on the LNB head? You ahve a left, two in the middle appear co-joined, and then the 4th on the left. Is each one for a different satellite? If I must run through a multi-switch (I have a 6 x 8) do i just connect to the first in and the first out? Does the aU9 LNB head even work with the HR 24? Thanks, JB

Just run the one line to the DVR, using the BBC if you want HD. It doesn't matter which output from the dish. You'll need to select single tuner on the satellite setup.
The 6x8 multiswitch is only needed if you plan to have more than 4 tuners but no more than 8. Do have other DVRs that you want to use?

You can use any of the ports on the lnb. You don't need a separate multiswitch. Your lnb works with all receivers/dvrs except the H25 and HR34/44.
Edit: I just noticed you said you have an HR25 dvr. There is no such model. Which one do you really have?

Yes, everything will work just fine. You do NOT need any switch (6x8 or otherwise). Run a cable straight from the LNB to the BBC which is connected to your HR24. All four ports on the LNB are totally identical. They call contain the entire signal from all three (or five) LNBs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)