If I sign up in the next couple weeks..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

x3ro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
.. and ordered HD-DVRs, which model receiver would I get?

Does anyone know?

95% chance of the HR21, 4% chance of the HR20, 1% chance of wrong work order with incorrect equipment :D

Seriously, I believe the HR21 is the standard HDDVR right now.

If I ask the CSR, do you think they'd be able to tell me which model it is?

I just had directv service installed this last week and they gave me the HR21-DVR. I don't know that you have an option anymore.

You can make a request, but just remember that it is simply a request. I requested the HR20 and I got one of those. As the CSR will tell you, they can't guarantee you anything, so it doesn't hurt for you to ask for a particular one. Ask the CSR to give you the contact number for the installer and call them directly and ask. If you want a HR-21 then I doubt you need to make a request (unless you ABSOLUTELY need that model, no more no less.) I really wanted the HR20 for OTA, and I am very happy that I got it especially since I found out you can record on OTA but still view D* channels and vice versa (I'm working with just one line. )

X3,
Do you require the locals from an OTA antenna ?
If so,
When you sign up I would let them know that, make a point of reminding them of it and they should accomadate you with the HR20-700,100.

also, do as yourbeliefs mentioned, get the installers number and call down there and let them know also that you need OTA set ups and verify thet they have the HR20's there and available.

Jimbo

If they do have any it will most likely be a refurbished unit. Slim to none chance that any subcontractor has "new" left over HR20 lying around. You might try the independants first, might have a better shot at an HR20 with them but no guarantees.

If they do have any it will most likely be a refurbished unit. Slim to none chance that any subcontractor has "new" left over HR20 lying around. You might try the independants first, might have a better shot at an HR20 with them but no guarantees.

Nothing wrong with a refurbished unit, but they usually try to give the new subs new equipment, I've got a refurbed unit thats been working fine for a long time now.

X3,
If you cannot get a HR20, you may be able to pick one up at a local Costco's, still some available at my local one.
I would take the HR21 IF thats what they have to give you and buy a HR20 from the locals IF you need to go that route, wait and see, if you have an account already set up, they have no problems adding to your account with a rec that comes from a third party (Costco's type place, I don't remember how much they were last time I was in there, they originally were like $40 less than what D* was charging, remember that it's still a lease)

Jimbo

Sorry I haven't posted guys.

I don't need an OTA tuner, as being in DFW affords the ability for most any major programmers to carry my locals in HD :)

I have a costco by me, but I've never seen DTV stuff there.

I'm planning on calling and ordering through AAA

Sorry I haven't posted guys.

I don't need an OTA tuner, as being in DFW affords the ability for most any major programmers to carry my locals in HD :)

I have a costco by me, but I've never seen DTV stuff there.

I'm planning on calling and ordering through AAA

If you don't need OTA then The HR21 is the way to go. They look great too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts