If you have two HDtv's, you're screwed with E*

randym431

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Dish doesnt seem to believe people can actually have two HDtv sets. Their "offer" is the 942, hooked to two tv's. This gives HD on one tv, sd on the other. THATS their solution? If you want to record hd, and you have two hdtv's, dish says forget that!
Options:
two hd receivers.
or
one 942.

You have two HDtv's? Its sd on one, if you also want to record.

These people are nutz! :confused:

I have 3 HDDVR thru Adelphia at no cost or commitment with only a fee for each additional receiver @ 9.95 a month and one charge of $4.95 for the service.I live in Lewiston Maine which is about 28 miles NW of Portland Maine and counting local HD channels we receive 17 in all and I cant see switching back to sat until MPeg 4 gives sat a lot more channels

randym431 said:
Dish doesnt seem to believe people can actually have two HDtv sets.

It's just like in Back to the Future.. Child: "So, do you have a TV?".. Marty: "Yea, we've got 2 of them".. Child: "2 televisions? Wow, you must be rich!".. Mother: "Honey, he's kidding.. nobody has 2 television sets!" (Or something like that, going from memory).

I'm fine with my 942 and two 811s that I'm leasing from E*. Much better than D*, which would be hundreds (upwards of $1K+ more, actually) more in up front costs for multiple HD setups.

No, I can't record on the other sets, but everyone, EVERYONE, is working on home media solutions, E* included, so maybe thinking you have to have an HD DVR dedicated to each set is the 'old way of thinking'...;)

No problems here in leasing 942 and 811.
BTW, here are lease fees: DVR fee = $0.00 with Everything Pack, DVR receiver fee = $0.00 if it is connected to the phone line, $5 fee for the second receiver. So total lease fees = $5.00. :)
Compare these fees to Adelphia :D

He's talking about the monthly DVR fee (4.98) is free with AEP

You still have to pay $250 upfront to start leasing the 942

BFG said:
He's talking about the monthly DVR fee (4.98) is free with AEP

You still have to pay $250 upfront to start leasing the 942

and the 5 dollar lease fee built into the package.

Well yeah on DHA the first receiver doesnt have an extra $5 added anyways so that's normal.

Question about the 942!!!

I've seen a picture in this forum (in another thread) showing the back of the 942. It shows both HDMI and Component outputs.

Can't you use one for one HD (HDMI) set and the other for another HD set (Component)?

I suposse you could run some length of the component cable, not sure how far it lasts. But you'd just be duplicating what's on the first HDTV

No problems here in leasing 942 and 811.

That might be workable, but when on the phone to E* cs, she said, and I quote, "Thats not a possible option".
Either two 811 "non-dvr" units, or... one 942. THAT was my choice!

Some get a deal, some (me) dont.
Enough is enough E*

randym431 said:
Dish doesnt seem to believe people can actually have two HDtv sets. Their "offer" is the 942, hooked to two tv's. This gives HD on one tv, sd on the other. THATS their solution? If you want to record hd, and you have two hdtv's, dish says forget that!
Options:
two hd receivers.
or
one 942.

You have two HDtv's? Its sd on one, if you also want to record.

These people are nutz! :confused:

I hear you :no

To our pleasant suprise, the 811 outputs HD via component AND DVI at the same time. For us, it was a simple change-out of the Voom box for the 811. Two RF remotes and we're good to go as we were before.

Component can run a pretty good distance via RG56 coax. Our single HD box feeds two rooms. Works fine for us.

randym431 said:
So how do you get a 942 AND 811? E* cs wont do it...

Don't know, I didn't have to try to get it.. the CSR told me I could have whatever receivers I wanted for up to 4 TV rooms. I told her that currently I just have 2 TV rooms, and I would like the 942 for one of them. She said ok, I'll send you a 942 for $250.00, and an 811 for free. I guess people that aren't getting this deal may need to play CSR roulette. (Unless they changed a policy since I ordered on April 27th or so.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)