Screwed By VOOM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My Question is this letter and phone call happen all over the place or are they in a certain region? Maybe everyone post where they are from if they got this call or letter than maybe we can determined if it is a list that has be sold or install company or companies that are doing this.

t

I'm sticking with Voom until lights out plus 7 days.(roughly May 7th).

If Charles Dolan has some way of picking up the service, he probably is having to wait until Voom officially closes it.

I've done a lot of thinking and I think this so called conversion center is/was created by little jimmy. I can't imagine anyone else wanting to spend this much money to try and convience people to signup with e*. I'll bet you that jimmy and ergen have a deal that jimmy get's a little bonus with every voom customer that goes to dn. It's the only thing that makes any sense. I'll bet you that these letters and phones probably won't stop until voom has no more customers or until they stop broadcasting.

How do we compete when everyone is against us?

Indy said:
T, this is just but one theory floating around. You are probably correct about Installs not selling the list. Could have been someone at Voom selling the list clandestinely for some extra cash.

Something kind of similar to that happened at a company I worked for. A salesperson left the company to work for a competitor and took a copy of the client list with him.

danielle_s said:
I've done a lot of thinking and I think this so called conversion center is/was created by little jimmy. I can't imagine anyone else wanting to spend this much money to try and convience people to signup with e*. I'll bet you that jimmy and ergen have a deal that jimmy get's a little bonus with every voom customer that goes to dn. It's the only thing that makes any sense. I'll bet you that these letters and phones probably won't stop until voom has no more customers or until they stop broadcasting.

How do we compete when everyone is against us?
Quit being such a drama queen, and stop thinking like a piker. J. Dolan makes tens of millions per year. A little kickback on 40k subs (minus the ones who never left Dish in the first place) won't make Jimmy's wallet bulge any more than it is already.

More likely, Installs Inc. got a copy of the list and peddled it off. Sounds like something they'd do. I hope they got a good chunk of change, 'cause E* isn't giving the V* folks any kind of deal that no one else is getting when they sign as a new customer.

D* isn't calling 'cause E* was the highest bidder.

And, as of Sunday, VOOM won't have any more customers, so by your reasoning above, all the calls will stop. :)

mdonnelly said:
Quit being such a drama queen, and stop thinking like a piker. J. Dolan makes tens of millions per year. A little kickback on 40k subs (minus the ones who never left Dish in the first place) won't make Jimmy's wallet bulge any more than it is already.

More likely, Installs Inc. got a copy of the list and peddled it off. Sounds like something they'd do. I hope they got a good chunk of change, 'cause E* isn't giving the V* folks any kind of deal that no one else is getting when they sign as a new customer.

And, as of Sunday, VOOM won't have any more customers, so by your reasoning above, all the calls will stop. :)

Sorry to say again i do not think Installs has anything to do with this. I they sold a list they would sell to both no just one.

t

T get back to work! Don't you have a bunch of Voom dishes and OTA antennas to take down? And don't forget to patch those holes! Start with the ones in the customer's heads that keep insisting they be filled to begin with. :D

Indy said:
T get back to work! Don't you have a bunch of Voom dishes and OTA antennas to take down? And don't forget to patch those holes! Start with the ones in the customer's heads that keep insisting they be filled to begin with. :D

I will get right on that but not today i am done for today i will think about it tomarrow . ;) ;) ;)

t

mdonnelly said:
More likely, Installs Inc. got a copy of the list and peddled it off. Sounds like something they'd do. I hope they got a good chunk of change,
mdonnelly said:
WOW! I didn't realize that being such a "drama queen" got under your nerves. I'm sorry NOT. If you don't like my posts then hit that little button I like to call IGNORE. So that I don't bother you. I can't image how many people you've put on ignore. Probably a whole lot more than I can count on one hand.

I agree with T that Installs Inc. did not sell or bid the customer list to anyone. If they did then I highly believe that I should have been one of the first customers called/ or lettered considering my roomates last name starts with a "B". I doubt they'll send a letter either. If anyone is passing names around it is the installers themselves as they are choosing to ignore the rules that has been given to them by not only they're bosses but by voom as well.

It's kinda wierd. If D* wasn't the highest bidder as you claim then I guess them offering the $200 rebate offer is their way of whinning about loosing and trying to play the underhand card?

Grow Up and start opening your eyes/ears. If the people who started this whole conversion thing doesn't want to be found then they are going to try and make it that much harder to find them. People around here know what their talking about and I for one am going to listen to them before opening my mouth only to stick my foot in it. You should do the same.

danielle_s said:
...It's kinda wierd. If D* wasn't the highest bidder as you claim then I guess them offering the $200 rebate offer is their way of whinning about loosing and trying to play the underhand card?...
Duhhh! Sorry if I touched a nerve. :)

I got a call from a local shop that turned me away when I came into their store to order Voom. They tried to steer me towards E* and I was having no part of that.

I called the 800 number and Voom sent an independant installer to install it.

I thought it was ironic that the company that immediately dismissed Voom as Dead (in Jan) was now my best friend offering up e* service. Their 'do not call' violation got reported both times... Hopefully some Phoenix locals did the same and they'll get a bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts