If you like PQ it might be time to leave Directv

That poll seems stupid since probably 30 people voted D* and all they have is D*.

For two guys who defend Voom like it's thier sister's honor you don't seem to support objectivity in your statements. I have had 4 providers in the last 5 years, every single one has sent me running back to D*. I

WE ADMIT THE HD PQ OF D* IS NOT AS GOOD AS VOOMS

But we also must admit that we have the most sports (period), the most family programming and the most channels (unless E* recenly passed and I missed it). Of the varying number of channels I watch that are not OTA, between 25-35 half of them are not even available on Voom!?!?!

Now I am not here to start a flaming war. Voom is the HD Leader, you can quote me on that. Voom will not exist (as Voom) in April of 2005, Cablevision dumped them like a prom date with a chasitiy belt ... and this was POSTED HERE in the voom forum. You can quote me on that too.

Walter L. said:
But the sport that I care about more is basketball (NBA) and D* doesn't offer TNT-HD ;) .

Gangstas ... Hate 'em all. Besides by the time the season starts that statement will be untrue, see here.

I don't even want to look Walter, are they still shooting confetti cannons into each other's faces talking about how great HD lite is?

Dvlos said:
I don't even want to look Walter, are they still shooting confetti cannons into each other's faces talking about how great HD lite is?

Given the well documented PQ issues on Voom, which would you prefer ... "HD Lite" or "HD intermittent?"

The bottom line is my D* programming does not fail to appear where my V* programming did, and when it did appear, it looked to me like some left the microwave on inside the TV ... Gimme my HD Lite :p

FYI: The NFL ST is not "lite" ; it is as good as OTA, and that is all I care about really. Let's see some Bit rates on that I rarely watch other HD Channels becuase they are like to V* exclusives ... nothing is on that I like to watch.

Dvlos said:
Indeed. The most ridiculous argument I heard was that the low bitrates are good because more content can be stored into HD-Tivo :eek: :shocked :p

slacker9876 said:
The bottom line is my D* programming does not fail to appear where my V* programming did...QUOTE]

You should have had some stick-to-itness. I don't that's been a major problem for quite some time. At least VOOM works on fixing their known problems. Do you think VOOM service has stayed in stasis since you left? It's called progress my friend. I've heard similar complaints about VOOM not having ESPN or SciFi TV... I mean get on with it! I sure am loving my HDTV (including my 4 HD games last weekend). Can U say the same???

Walter L. said:
Well, maybe I should re-think now what is the most ridiculous argument :D

...perhaps you should, OTA signals are around 19Mbps in my area and far exceed anything on Voom. Just for clarification, I am referring to the Prime Time lineups that are in HD.

Just curious, who are you going to select when the time comes? E*, that buys you, or D* that shuts you down? 28,000 subs and declining daily :D

slacker9876 said:
...perhaps you should, OTA signals are around 19Mbps in my area and far exceed anything on Voom. Just for clarification, I am referring to the Prime Time lineups that are in HD.
Get a grip!!! Your ridiculous argument is not about OTA but that you implied that it is OK to sacrify PQ of other channels in favor of NFL ST. ;)

slacker9876 said:
...Just curious, who are you going to select when the time comes? E*, that buys you, or D* that shuts you down? 28,000 subs and declining daily :D

slacker9876 you used to post (sometimes) interesting posts, now you are becoming a TROLL like the other two :no - what happened??? The easy answer is if it does happen -WHO CARES!!! We are enjoying our HDTV now - UNLIKE YOURSELF... ;)

You should have had some stick-to-itness. I don't that's been a major problem for quite some time. At least VOOM works on fixing their known problems. Do you think VOOM service has stayed in stasis since you left? It's called progress my friend. I've heard similar complaints about VOOM not having ESPN or SciFi TV... I mean get on with it! I sure am loving my HDTV (including my 4 HD games last weekend). Can U say the same???

I am sure it is getting better ... it sure couldn't get worse, except maybe for blank screens. Only 4 games in HD? Shoot me ... I only had 12, and I am the "couch potato" referred to in the other thread, but only on Sunday.

I am sure Voom is improving the PQ ... but is there really anything to watch yet? StarzHD is not worth $80/mo to me ... that was the only value I ever had in Voom.

Walter L. said:
Get a grip!!! Your ridiculous argument is not about OTA but that you implied that it is OK to sacrify PQ of other channels in favor of NFL ST. ;)

LMAO given the fact that I am WATCHING the ticket, I could care less what else is on OR if it works!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!

If you live in America and you are somewhere else on Sunday besides watching football or being a decent human at Church, you should move back to Russia. :eek:

12 games on a sunday at 3 hours each, that is 36 last time I checked. Let's see, 24 hours in a day and games only play between 10 Eastern and 6 Pacific, hmmmm! Something fishy going on here, and how can you be in church when watching 12 football games on ST? ;)

Bilodeaumj said:
slacker9876 you used to post (sometimes) interesting posts, now you are becoming a TROLL like the other two :no - what happened??? The easy answer is if it does happen -WHO CARES!!! We are enjoying our HDTV now - UNLIKE YOURSELF... ;)

You said it all yourself. You are enjoying your HDTV.
I said it all myself. I am enjoying my HDTV.
So what is there to argue?

Look at the title of the thread, then look what forum it is in, that in itself is goofy. Like you said .. things change, and I am positve that by June of 2005 this arguement will not exist.

Enjoy your Voom
I'll Enjoy my D*

I am done with the thread so you can bash all you want ... it is your thread :D

Bilodeaumj said:
you are becoming a TROLL like the other two :no

:no One of the other two is always here. Just nothing in here worth commenting about. Pretty sad group. You have my permission to now delete it Sean. :eek:

What really pisses off D* subs is that YOU ARE BASHING THE VERY SERVICE THAT YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE SUBSCRIBING TO 11 MONTHS FROM NOW!

Thats the part I cant understand. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts