If...

davekendra

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
SE Pennsylvania
I hate to bring this up, but... if VOOM is bought out by anyone whatsoever, what happens exactly? I love VOOM, but I think losing WorldSport exclusive VOOM channel might just about kill me. I have totally lost all semblance of sanity when it comes to Spanish futbol. If I lost every single other VOOM exclusive channel, I could live with it. Not WorldSport! I realize I'm just one guy and I'm not the center of the universe, but is there any chance that if DirecTV or E/D... would buy out VOOM that they would keep WorldSport? It's really a great idea, especially when you consider the relative quality of soccer games on FoxSportsWorld in SD... ugh. If VOOM isn't picked up by anyone, and WorldSport disappears, there's going to be at least one subscriber singing dirges for the days of Spanish futbol in crystal clear HD.

Sorry for the bring-down thread,

I do not think you are alone. I love WorldSport Spanish Futbol. I used not to like it until I saw it crystal clear HD in WorldSport. I, on the other hand, would miss every channel.

Well, I just spoke with a text chat customer service representative on VOOM.com and this is what happened:

In response to my question about VOOM's status and 'if it was going to stay in business or not, or could they even say?'

Scottie T. said:

"VOOM is operating normally and is continuing with plans to expand its programming lineup and enhance your service. Look for announcements as soon as next month and throughout 2005. Meanwhile we are pleased to provide up to three times the number of high definition channels compared to other satellite companies or cable, plus the full array of standard definition channels you expect. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Sounded like a stock answer designed by the PR dept. to me. You may or may not be able to read between the lines... I couldn't, but some here work in customer service/PR, maybe they can.

When asked 'What happens to VOOM exclusive channels like WorldSport if the company folds? If it is bought by a competitor?' Scottie T. responded:

"I do not have further information."

So, basically VOOM will not engage in conjecture. I must say I've felt better about the future of VOOM than I do now... :(

Apologies for the grim attitude I'm expressing,

DaveKendra, we are with you in becoming totally bummed if Voom ever stops broadcasting.

I am not real big on Worldsport, but we caught two great premium HD movies again last night and also watched Gallery and Equator, and I have to say, the longer we have Voom, the more we LOVE :love Voom! I would pay double what I am paying to keep the service going and growing if that made any difference. Voom has been a fabulous concept and totally entertaining and worth every penny. We bought our HDTV solely for Voom. I hope they keep this great service going.

There may be only 26,000 of us. But we do know quality when we find it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)