I'm confused re: Protection Plan (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Big_Ed

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 11, 2005
Athol, MA
I did a search and read the recent thread on this topic, but I find myself confused. Maybe I'm an idiot.

I had Dish Network for 5 years, recently switched to Directv. I did NOT have any protection plan on Dish. Twice in the 5 years I had to have service calls for bad equipment (one switch and one wire). I was not charged for these calls. Probably had another couple instances where I had issues that were debugged over the phone -- again, I was not charged.

So if I have an issue with Directv and I don't opt for the plan, I would be charged for service calls, phone calls, and equipment? Is that correct?

I'm just trying to make sense of whether this insurance is what I need. As background, I don't know dick about debugging technical errors when they crop up.

iwc5893

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 1, 2007
The desert of WA, zip code EIEIO
The DirecTV Protection Plan costs $5.99/month or ~$72.00/year. A service call after the first 60/90 days costs $90.00.

The protection plan covers just about anything shy of you causing damage to your system. It provides unlimited realignments if needed, pays the shipping fee if you need a replacement receiver, etc... DirecTV doesn't charge for phone calls, that I'm aware of.

Something to keep in mind is that with your new install, your system is already covered by a warranty for the first 60/90 days. It takes 30 days for the protection plan to go into effect, but you will have time to evaluate your system for problems before you have to make up your mind.

Jhon69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2006
Central San Joaquin Valley,CA.
I did a search and read the recent thread on this topic, but I find myself confused. Maybe I'm an idiot.

I had Dish Network for 5 years, recently switched to Directv. I did NOT have any protection plan on Dish. Twice in the 5 years I had to have service calls for bad equipment (one switch and one wire). I was not charged for these calls. Probably had another couple instances where I had issues that were debugged over the phone -- again, I was not charged.

So if I have an issue with Directv and I don't opt for the plan, I would be charged for service calls, phone calls, and equipment? Is that correct?

I'm just trying to make sense of whether this insurance is what I need. As background, I don't know dick about debugging technical errors when they crop up.

No your not dumb cause the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.;)

DirecTV's protection plan is different from Dish because when you get DirecTV's protection plan and need service it's no charge,compared to $30. with Dish.Also DirecTV's protection plan covers dish realignments and equipment that has been cooked due to electrical surges.It also covers all parts and labor too of course.;)

If you don't have the plan DirecTV can charge you $19.95 S&H to replace a leased receiver if it goes bad or $90.+ parts for a service call.DirecTV's protection plan takes 30 days to activate.:welcome ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)