I'm confused

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
with the tech posts being posted lately, as a potential D* sub, I am a bit worried. I have some questions:
If I get a system with 1 HD DVR, 2 HD receivers, 3 SD receivers, will I be charged extra for the install?
What are wall plates and fishing cables?

with the tech posts being posted lately, as a potential D* sub, I am a bit worried. I have some questions:
If I get a system with 1 HD DVR, 2 HD receivers, 3 SD receivers, will I be charged extra for the install?
What are wall plates and fishing cables?

Read this three page thread & you will see some quality posts by techs that actually do some of these installs. http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/167449-installer-charging-ground-installation.html

If your house is prewired for cable meaning the cable runs through the attic/crawl into each room then the tech will find one central location to mount the switch & feed each room via existing cable. In this case, the install is basically free. If the house isn't wired, he will run (2 with a DVR or 1 with a SWM multiswitch) into the attic/crawl & fish those lines into one room only. All the rest will have to be negotiated with the installer. Fishing lines isn't hard if you're willing to knock out some blaster board but if you want it clean they literally have to fish that cable through the wall & pull it out by the TV. A wall plate is used to connect the coax to the wall with the hole in it so you can then attach the wall plate to your nice wall making it looking nice. Most would charge a small amount for these plates. If they fish 14 lines through your house & get 2 to each receiver I'd expect to be given a bill for his extra work. Talk it out before hand with him so your on the same page & he should show you what is now extra. If your house is already mostly prewired then your bill will be low or zero. Read the link above & see what you think, the damn Ambien is kicking in right now & I got to get some sleep.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts