I'm done with Dish, best way to cancel?

Im not happy about the recent drop of Disney and ESPNEWS HD, the $17 fee for an extra 722, and still not having HD networks, despite Direct TV having them here. A new roommate is moving in who already has a contract with Direct TV, so I want to get rid of Dish. But I know they can hit you pretty hard if you quit early.

With them going back on things like Disney HD, is there any way I can get out of my contract WITHOUT having to pay an arm and a leg? Im not being cheap, I just hate how Dish has been lately, and I don't want them to profit one more cent from me. I have been thinking about dropping them for a little while, and the new roommate is a perfect time to do it.
i quit dish last month and had 5 months left on my contract. i quit via online chat which i highly recommend to you as you can save the transcript that way. when all was said and done i paid the remainder of the months bill, $42 termination fee and $15 to send my 722 back to them. was a very easy process for me when i was expecting the worse from past experiences with dish.

i quit dish last month and had 5 months left on my contract. i quit via online chat which i highly recommend to you as you can save the transcript that way. when all was said and done i paid the remainder of the months bill, $42 termination fee and $15 to send my 722 back to them. was a very easy process for me when i was expecting the worse from past experiences with dish.

IT isn't DISH you have to worry about when you cancel , it is DIRECTV.

They will monetarily rape you violently when you cancel. I was told one figure $240.00 and canceled. Then I was charged $420.00 on my credit card. Complained to the retention people about what I was told would be the cancel fee and that I got charged the wrong figure. He said you are right ,you did get charged to much , it was supposed to be $380.00 instead. So I only got $40.00 back on my charge , two months later. Be warned DIRECTV doesn't have over 59k complaints and an F rating at the BBB for nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts