I'm getting re-peaked

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
rollerfink said:
I got an e-mail back from Joe Harkins...
We'll see how it goes. -- Note he didn't say if it was for a 24" or 30"

Figure on 24", that's what others have been getting. If it does not work or if you are in the Northwest, then 30" would be in order...

bbtkd said:
Figure on 24", that's what others have been getting. If it does not work or if you are in the Northwest, then 30" would be in order...

Yes, that's what I am expecting. But if the 24" doesn't work then it's going to be good-bye Voom. I don't have the patience (okay to be honest, my wife doesn't have the patience) to keep messing around.

I'm in the Northwest and have a 24" dish that I supplied myself. Being a Dish customer, I already knew that an 18" dish would not cut it for 61.5. Saturday, a horrendous rainstorm came through the area and I watched the picture go black at 71 and the strength continued down over the next 5 minutes to ZERO! Then it started climbing back up and as it passed 71, my picture came back.

After the rain stopped, I went outside and tweaked my dish and the signal went from around 87 to 95. This should be enough to get me through the marginal periods like on Friday night when my signal hovered around 67 for about 30 minutes. With this extra 8 points, I would have had a signal. I'll never be able to completely avoid signal loss but I don't expect to have a picture 24/7 either. I know the limitations of the 61.5 bird and if I need to I will get a 30" but even that will not prevent occasional dropouts. Thankfully, I have OTA as a backup.

Just installed my 30" dish. my new quality was now 97 and power 76. It rained hard and totally blocked by clouds. With the new dish I had some pixelization , signal quality went to 76 but I never totally lost the signal. With my 18" Voom dish once it starts raining I lose the signal until it stops.

Bill

They're coming on Tuesday to install a "larger" dish. I still don't know if it's the 24 inch or 30 inch. Hopefully it will do the trick. It's been raining a lot here in detroit and I've been experiencing loads of signal loss due to rain (or cloud) fade.

Looking good. Now my signal quality is at 96-97 (and it's cloudy here)! It never got above 83 before. This may have finally solved my issues. My signal power is hovering between 75 and 83 but the quality is steady at 96-97.

The 30 inch dish is pretty huge but it's up by my chimney so doesn't look too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)