Im Going to buy a 32in Olevia LCD TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Its not a question of the eye of the beholder, if you can look at a display and see large noticeable artifacts then theres a problem not a question of asthetics. I watched 20 minutes of the last pirates movie at CC and during the point where they had to turn the pearl over there was alot of issues with artifacts popping up all over the place to varying degrea's yet if it was a relaxed setting it was fine for the most part. One scene had a patch of skin above the eyebrows of one of the lead characters sliding around like it was loose. Watching spiderman 3 at BB was better but still had issues with artifacts and what both of them had that just didnt make things look right was an odd unrealistic feel to what you were watching like a slow panning didnt transition right with diferent depths of field.

Well, I disagree. and will end that with that. No artifiacts on mine. And side by side, the SONY kicked ass. Spectacular set.

But you are happy with your vizio. Great. Enjoy it. :)

I know how to explain it now, when there werent any artifacts it was like seeing something after you've turned your head or looked up from reading and your eyes are focused but havent quite adjusted to the change in view and your getting an odd perspective.

Now its possible that I was either looking at two sets that hadnt been set up properly, the dvd's may have been dirty, or the players were getting worked to death and needed a good lens cleaning so I will leave it at that to but seeing both that way is something that both stores should have looked into correcting considering the price tag on these new sets and where they were located at in the store.

I agree.

Van: to each their own. The PQ on my SONY is stellar, and I went side by side with lots of different sets. In the end, I decided the additional price was well-worthwhile. AND in terms of motion artifiacts, they rarely if ever happen on this set. Again, there is a huge difference between the 60 Mhz and the 120MHz sets.

But the OP is not in the market for a premium set. He is looking at the value sets, and of the three, I'd agree: Vizio looks very good for the price. Just hope it doesn't ever need warranty work. (I've read lots of reviews that its a nightmare).

That doesn't make that much of a difference when you are talking about a 32" set though. The bigger models yes it makes a huge difference.

I just bought a 32" Toshiba and I love it. Got it for $679 which isn't bad.

That doesn't make that much of a difference when you are talking about a 32" set though. The bigger models yes it makes a huge difference.

I just bought a 32" Toshiba and I love it. Got it for $679 which isn't bad.

Absolutely, since those are almost always 720p sets as well.

And you are right - that is a good price.

I also would recommend the Vizio. I have a 32" and it looks great. I just bought a 42" Toshiba LCD and it is nice, but I kinda wished I would have gotten another Vizio instead. You can get a 32" Vizio for $599! My pops has an Olevia and I don't think the picture is even close.

Of course neither compares to my 50" Panasonic Plasma!

I have an Olevia 32" upstairs in the bedroom. Had it for just over a year now and no problems. To me it has a great picture (obviously not quite as good as the Panny plasma downstairs) but very good nonetheless. I have watched alot of sports in HD on it and have not experienced any motion blur. Just my 2 cents.

I have 2 Olevias and just helped a freind buy another. I really like my 37". The 27" has a decent picture but I am less happy with it. The 32" (a model 232, I believe) that my friend just bought is good, not great. It was, however, the best option in the price range (aout $650) that I saw. The Vizio picture looked very poor next to the Olevia. My Olevias are great for what they are - well made budget sets for a bedroom or playroom. They have a great picture, but lack some features (like multiple HDMI inputs, direct input selection, etc.) I wouldn't want one for my main set, because I want, and will pay for, a premium set in my den.

Just my .02

I have both the Olevia and Vizio. I prefer the Vizio for PQ and adjustibility. Olevia has a funky controls menu and it is not as in depth as the Vizio.
My Neighbor owns a Sony XBR. He liked the picture of my Vizio so much that he bought one for his bedroom. No difference in PQ between them connected to the same source.

I hung a 32" 720P in a 12*15 foot bedroom. If I had it to do over, I would move up to a 37" or 40" set.

The 37" sets are now in your budget, especially if you shop around. Sam's had the 37" Vizio for $750 and a 1080P 37" Panny for under $1k.

what about westinghouse
and i dont have much to work with

I have a 42" LCD 1080p Westy.
Out of the box the picture looks terrible, once you calibrate it to your liking, looks pretty sweet.
Some folks have had issues with the westy which I had as well, until the firmware update came out, and it's been working perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)