I'm going to make everyone jealous

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK PopcornN you certainly are More, you've succeeded! I'm jealous! Just where is Clermont, as opposed to I-10 and I-75 junction? I might just ride down and pick me up one. I would love a 15' dish.

Al

Maybe make it look like something else so they won't notice....There was an old In Living Color skit where the "Home Boyz shopping network" had something the same size...then again it said NASA on it!

What if you painted it silver and said it's a solar cooker?

mdovell said:
Maybe make it look like something else so they won't notice....There was an old In Living Color skit where the "Home Boyz shopping network" had something the same size...then again it said NASA on it!

What if you painted it silver and said it's a solar cooker?

I remember that skit :)

Originally Posted by mdovell

I loved that skit too

That's a nice looking BUD :)

I want one !!!
As for moving with a motor, it's probably a stationary one to begin with. I would consider a multifeed horn for sure. You maybe able to do up to 8 degrees of the arc.

Attachments

• mbf.gif
    mbf.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 116
Very nice, Popcorn! I had been eyeing one like that on the roof of WNOL's (WB-38 in New Orleans) old studio, but I just found out from someone I know there that they actually had to buy that dish back from the building landlord. They had moved to new facilities, but Katrina forced them out of their newly-built studio and they had to go dish-scrounging. The kicker is that it was THEIR dish to begin with, they just left it there and the landlord took posession.

voomvoom said:
OK PopcornN you certainly are More, you've succeeded! I'm jealous! Just where is Clermont, as opposed to I-10 and I-75 junction? I might just ride down and pick me up one. I would love a 15' dish.

Al
PopcornNmore,
Good luck with your dish!

If anyone in Pennsylvania is interested, there's an "abandoned" dish behind the Holiday-Inn in Mechanicsburg (Harrisburg). It looks very similar to the one that PopcornNmore is getting. It hasn't been used for at least a couple of years, judging from the looks of pine trees growing around it. I'm not certain of the actual size (it's at least 15'), but it has a much more massive base for some reason. There's no feed horn attached.

If it's still there (I saw it in early spring), it's located behind the building, right beside the playground. There's also a baseball field in back of it.

I thought about inquiring, but 123timNmore just didn't sound right. :)

Iceberg said:
my f-ing deck is barely 15 feet across....yeah the HOA would probably ask me to take it down

on the plus side, I saw the head of the HOA the other day and he asked about the 6 footer and I asked if that was OK where it was (on the deck). He asked if it was bolted down and I told him yes.

He says "I don't care if you have it"

As small as your deck is, and with aldready having a dish on the deck rail I am surprized you were able to shoehorn a 6ft dish on it.

RVD420 said:
As small as your deck is, and with aldready having a dish on the deck rail I am surprized you were able to shoehorn a 6ft dish on it.

Where there is a will there is a way :)

voomvoom said:
Thanks cable for showing me where it is, that's a little further than I would like to go. That would be a 5-6 hour, one way trip. Still something to think about though, a 15' dish would be awesome.

Al

It's roughly 10 hours for me. I was down there back in October just east of there a little ways.

voomvoom said:
Thanks cable for showing me where it is, that's a little further than I would like to go. That would be a 5-6 hour, one way trip. Still something to think about though, a 15' dish would be awesome.

Al

Al;
I will be going right thru Clermont on Sunday afternoon, BUT That Monster won't fit into my Taurus SHO's trunk.

That dish would make a good DECK COVER For Iceberg to keep the SUN off his SHINY HEAD >>>>>> :D

BryanSR

We are leaving tomorrow morning at 6AM to pickup a dish or two (if my wife gives in). I don't know how the neighbors would feel, but I think that dish is beautiful.

It comes apart in 12 pizza slices, so it should be easy to disassemble and put into the truck. I will be taking pictures and will post them when I get back. I wouldn't have any problems with digital FTA channels locking on this baby. It would be my dream come true. My wife said the pool cage is in the way, but I am willing to sacrifice the pool. :) She is also concerned about the hurricanes destroying the dish. With a dish this heavy and bolted onto a cement pad I don't think I would need to worry.

Do satellite signals go through the mesh of a pool cage? If so, I may be able to install dish on other side where it is more hidden.

There you go, I new you could figure it out. Now you can definitely get 2 of them. But, I don't really think it will, unless the pool mesh is maybe nylon. I think it's worth a try though.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts