I'm going to make everyone jealous

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I'm going to Clermont Florida this weekend to pickup a 15' dish once used by Bright House CATV. A picture is attached. Actually it will be for a friend of mine since my wife was not too keen on the idea of having a 15' antenna in the back yard. She said "The neighbors would talk". :) There are two others available ($100 each) so I am hoping once my wife sees them she will change her mind and I will pickup two dishes. It should be fun disassembling these dishes and loading up the truck.

If you had a 15' satellite dish, what satellite would you aim it at?

I believe I would probably use several LNB's and adjust for multiple satellites.

Attachments

• 100_0614.JPG
    100_0614.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 371
How do you pickup a 15 footer? I'm hoping you can take it apart.

I've been eyeing Cox's 20+ footers they don' t use anymore but I'm happy with the two 10 footers I got for free.

PopcornNMore said:
I'm going to Clermont Florida this weekend to pickup a 15' dish once used by Bright House CATV. A picture is attached. Actually it will be for a friend of mine since my wife was not too keen on the idea of having a 15' antenna in the back yard. She said "The neighbors would talk". :) There are two others available ($100 each) so I am hoping once my wife sees them she will change her mind and I will pickup two dishes. It should be fun disassembling these dishes and loading up the truck.

I believe I would probably use several LNB's and adjust for multiple satellites.

Hope you have access to a Fork lift or Bucket Truck....It's gunna be squirrly.....Remember, larger the antenna, smaller the beam.....good luck...

PopcornNMore said:

hope that's nowhere close to Cranberry and Price :D

How much

How much cement are you planning to use when you anchor that monster :)

I can see it now...blowing down the street.....finders keepers

Have fun with it

Michael

I seem to remember that someone had a dish that size (or larger) moved by an old warship turret setup. Talk about cool :D

Last edited:
If you want this baby bad....... Save some good money to buy 25 acres of land so you dont have to worry about HOA crap in your terriotory.

Some day I will buy some good land for TV DXing, and Ham radio with an Antenna farm!:D

Good way to retire at sometime in the future, unless I win the lottery jackpot.

This 15 footer dish looks great!!:hungry:

RVD420 said:
Ya I don't think your HOA would be happy.

my f-ing deck is barely 15 feet across....yeah the HOA would probably ask me to take it down

on the plus side, I saw the head of the HOA the other day and he asked about the 6 footer and I asked if that was OK where it was (on the deck). He asked if it was bolted down and I told him yes.

He says "I don't care if you have it"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)