I'm I the only 1 with no luck with D's HDDVR's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I have been with D for 10 1/2 years and I have had a few receivers in that time. I got an HR20-700 when it 1st came out and it had many problems from the get go and like everyone else we new bugs had to be work out, But one that I had ( out of the others) was a loud popping noise every few minutes , On Recorded an no- recorded shows and D was told about it many time, for a year an keep telling me a sofeware uodate would fix this , We'll it neve did an they decided to send someone out for free after a year of ( me whinning) he could not fix it and had to replace the box , we'll about a month of having the HR21-100, If I turned if of it would not reboot , I would have to unplug it 1 to 2 time for 5 to 10 minutes , after that I just left it on . I still had problems with it missing recordings and cancelling season pass's, So I only watch or recorded something on this box very little. Now yesterday I go down to my office and turn on the tv and see
( A problem has been dectected in the storage device.
THis may be a simple initialization error or a critical fault
please reboot the box now if it doesnt fix the problem call Directv )
We'll I unplug it for 1/2 hour a few times and tried to get it to power back up
& no go. I call D & they treid to get it to reformate but it wouldnt ever do that. So now to my question does anyone have a fix for this and have had this happen to them with the error on the screen ? I dont plan on leaving D but I sure do HATE their equiptment , They are sending out another reciver but I am about ready to just give up on the HD package and their HR 20 series recivers and just stick to SD and OTA HD. Thanks for reading

You are not alone, but that said, I have had very few problems with my HR20's.

When the box comes up with an error message like what you got, it's usually not good. I would suspect the hard drive has gone bad.

Hopefully you'll get one that is going to work perfectly for you this time and it will be a non issue for you :)

btw, if you happen to get a refurbished one, don't worry about it, many of the refurbs have worked great, I've had one for over two years now, working perfectly.

Jimbo

GOt home from work this eveing and for the heck of it, I turned on the Tv with the HR 21-100 on it and the box was working fine , I wounder if I should just sent the replacement one they are sending me ack or send the one back I have now that seems to keep having problems?

I have similar problems with most of the D* equipment I've had . But I can't say my DVRs have ever missed a recording. But slow and buggy best describes them IMO.
I'm Trying to hook up my Hr20 right now in my Vacation home ,and it just rebooted 4 times in th last 24 hours.
I'm not sure what its doing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts