Im live in Brazil... can I get USA and Canada channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alexandercn

Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Hi guys!
Im new here, and I dont understand very much how satellite works.

I want to know if I can get USA and Canada channels in Brazil.
If yes, what kind of antenna i need?

Tks guys

Ok, but what satellites can I get?
How can I know if is possible or not to get one satellite?

I hope my question is right... I dont speak english very well (but I'm understand!)

Ty so much!

Free TV from Brazil - LyngSat

Looks like most of your free tv there in Brazil is C-band (big dish) 8 feet diameter or larger.
a few KU band signals but looks like only a couple. If you get a c-band dish most will do Ku band as well with the proper lnbf mounted on the dish. There is an lnbf that does c and ku bands made into one unit calls a BSC-621. The lnbf is the little device that mounts on the front of the dish that actually catches the signals since the dish is just a reflector that concentrates the signals into the lnbf. It does not appear that any of our satellites cover brazil in their "footprint".

I am not sure if any program providers offer USA tv programming. I think i scanned in some encrypted mtv and disney channels from intelsat 805 or one of those. Those are Pay tv channels that you can't get with free to air receivers.

I live close to the East coast here in America and can get some free to air Brazil tv channels. I used to like Hype tv but it is gone now.

I'm not going to be able to tell you every satellite because I dont know that.
Here are maps for each satellite North & South America - LyngSat Maps and if they have beams to South America it will show that. Then it will be up to the specific station on the satellite if they have a beam toward your way.
You have to know what content you want to watch then see if its in the charts and beamed toward you. Then if its C band or KU band or both will tell you what size dish you will need. C band you will need 10 foot is the general consense but some gotton away with smaller. That dish can do KU no problem. But Ku dishes on the other hand can be .9 meter and do not do C band. And you can have the dish be stationary or follow the arc to see all the satellites of interest. But before you go that far you need to see what is available to you based on the charts both in content and signal patterns.

Ok, but what satellites can I get?
How can I know if is possible or not to get one satellite?

I hope my question is right... I dont speak english very well (but I'm understand!)

Ty so much!

CNBC on INTELSAT 3R 43ºW
3845H
30800SR
if you need more information on thes links, you will find all the Satellites available in Brazil.

Brasilsat Digital Charts

Saludos
Hiebert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts