I'm losing a few of my local OTA on 1 receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nytevizion

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2004
I asked this question in another forum but maybe I worded it wrong and no one answered. Anyway, here goes.

Heres the equipment,

1 X 3LNB Dish
1 X Standard roof antenna. (it's plenty big for HD locals)
1 X HTL-HD
1 X HR10-250

2 Lines from the dish, 1 antenna line split into 2 lines (5-1000mhz) diplexed into both lines running to both receivers then split back into both antenna and sat inputs to the recievers.

One reciever receives all my OTA locals no problem, plenty of signal. The other I lose 2 of the channels. 47 & 53 (ABC and PBS). EDIT: Channel 51 comes in just fine.

I changed out the standard 5-1000mhz splitter just to see if that was the cause, it helped a little. Now a get a signal on those 2 channels but it is very weak and jumpy.

The reciever that gets all the channels without a hitch actually had alot more distance to the antenna.

What would cause this? I have no problems with sat receptions at all on either TV.

EDIT: Changed out the outside diplexer on that receiver because it looked rusty and now channel 47 is more solid of a signal. (around 60 with occasional drops) 53 is the same if not worse.

EDIT:Could it be that all my diplexers and splitters are just cheap quality? Where could I get quality diplexers/splitter from? Brand name?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)