I'm Lost with Microyal 1000!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tim Godsil

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Got my microyal today. Manual was of no help. I have a dish 500 pointed at 110/119 and im trying to at least get channel 9900 (the screen saying you have a dish 500. I have the twin lnb. It asks at the menu If i have a 1.2 switch? Since this lnb has two eyes in one box, do i enter yes? Then it asks for freqency #1 and #2 Do i enter the 12.2 gzh in number one and the 12.7gzh in number two? It also asks for lnb type(lnbf,universal,normal) Which one? It also asks for video and audio pid, do i have to enter them in for every stinking transponder?

Got my microyal today. Manual was of no help. I have a dish 500 pointed at 110/119 and im trying to at least get channel 9900 (the screen saying you have a dish 500. I have the twin lnb. It asks at the menu If i have a 1.2 switch? Since this lnb has two eyes in one box, do i enter yes? Then it asks for freqency #1 and #2 Do i enter the 12.2 gzh in number one and the 12.7gzh in number two? It also asks for lnb type(lnbf,universal,normal) Which one? It also asks for video and audio pid, do i have to enter them in for every stinking transponder?

Depends on what Dish500 you have. It probably won't work if it has the built in dish style switches.

Gee, I guess if you would read the review we did on the 1000 there are some screen shots for setup....but I forget...you don't like to do that ;)

set it up for normal and both LNB LO at 11250. I can't guarantee this will work due to the internal switch on the Dish500 but if you hook it up to the left coax set it ip as
119 Diseqc 1
110 Diseqc 2

If the right coax, then flip those numbers.. so setup is
antenna 1
type fixed
satellite 119 or 110
lnb type normal
lnb freq 1 11250
lnb freq 2 11250
22k is off
diseqc is 1 or 2 (as noted above)
C/KU band control off

Ok I installed 2 Directv lnbs with one sat into port a and one sat into port b. When I go into the menu it wont let me name a satellite, and every satellite has 10 % signal which is bogus because if i hook up my 301 it says 114% on 110 and 116% on 119.

Ok I installed 2 Directv lnbs with one sat into port a and one sat into port b. When I go into the menu it wont let me name a satellite, and every satellite has 10 % signal which is bogus because if i hook up my 301 it says 114% on 110 and 116% on 119.
If all else is configured correctly, make sure that when you are checking signal strength that you have the receiver looking at an active transponder for the satellite that you're viewing. The signal strength of a FTA receiver only reports the signal strength of the transponder that it's tuned to, and typically the predefined transponders in your receiver will contain unused transponders in the list. You can get more info by searching about this requirement and looking at either lyngsat or the http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/85225-i-need-strong-transponder-aim-my-dish.html thread for active transponder/channels on your sat.

Of course it is... you can't think like your 301. Your 301 is programmed to look at its own providers signal and figure out it is on 110 and then display the satellite name.

Your box is an FTA box. You program it. You could call it "Tim's One Finger Bird" and as long as it had a valid TP information it would show a percentage of signal.

I was planning on calling you, then my favorite/main FTA receiver came home after a two week visit to the hospital (The second time in two months) with its front panel crushed so that I can not use the SD slot.......... :mad:

After I figure this out, if you have not figured out your setup I might be able to call you an try to give you some help.

Good Luck!

Ok if i got into channel search it will ask for freqency put 11250 (like they said) but then it ask for symbol rate i have no idea what symbol rate is?

Ok if i got into channel search it will ask for freqency put 11250 (like they said) but then it ask for symbol rate i have no idea what symbol rate is?

For Dish Network channels that are FTA use a symbol rate of 20000 or 20.000 depending on the receivers formating.

EDIT - in the channel search section the frequency should be the actual transponder frequency not the LO frequency.

You are confusing the transponder frequency with the LNBF LO frequency.

Does your Twin LNBF have a DP printed on it? If so, there are bigger problems to deal with ....

Here is how to receive a channel with your system.

Get a Single DirecTV LNBF and mount on the Dish.

Connect the LNBF to the Satellite Receiver

Go into the menus and enter select satellite ECHOSTAR 7 (119W)

Set the LNB type to Standard

Set the LO frequency to 11250

Select transponder Frequency 12370 Right (Vertical), Symbol Rate 20,000 (these should be preprogrammed into the receiver)

Go To GeoSatFinder and find the Azimuth (compass reading) and the Elevation for Echostar 119W.

While viewing the Signal Quality adjust the dish for peak Quality reading.
Scan the transponder and enjoy NASA.

Ok i eneterd in all the transponder info blah blah blah in the menu. But i can only get the dish channels. The nasa channel and the cd.audio channels wont show up even though the transponder is active for those channels.

And antother thing is that echostar 8 and 11 do not show up in the sat list they just are newsat1 and newsat2, there is no way to rename these.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)