I'm Moving - Help - Distant feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

finfan1313

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
I'm moving within the same DBA next month, I have the ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX distant feeds, but directv says they have to resubmit waivers regardless of how small the move is. It will be a nightmare trying to get the big 4 again if they do this. I'm only moving 10 miles. Local channels aren't available in my area so I have to get waivers for everything.

Any advice? How do I not lose them?

Do the move yourself and don't tell them! and then change your billing address to your new location.

I would attach a cell number to the account and use the internet for ordering any PPV. I can't believe they would make you go through all the red tape again to get the distant feeds especially over 10 miles. That really shouldn't become an issue unless your local feeds, even if they are unavailable, change.

Bill

I can't believe they would make you go through all the red tape again to get the distant feeds especially over 10 miles

you'd be amazed that moving a few miles can change qualifications. When I had Dish (and they had distants) where I was "located" I qualified for Fox, ABC & NBC distants. Could not get CBS as there was a full power station that claimed me Grade B....3 miles down the road they qualified for all 4 nets.

Thanks for the tip on the cell phone, hadn't thought of that. Now, installing...hmm. Maybe I can hire someone locally who can point a dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts