Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
My mom had a heart attack this morning.
Dad is out of town so she called 911.
She lost consciousness on the phone during 911 and dropped the phone.
The police had to break the door to get in. They found her in a chair sitting up, her heart was stopped, in other words, she was dead. They did CPR and that shock thing and got her heart started again.

They took her to the ER and called me and my dad. She was unconscious because of the breathing tube but I talked to her anyway. She was nodding her head so I know he heard and understood me.

They took her in to surgery and did a stent to clear a total blockage. There was definite damage to her heart muscle.

They told me that they were able to ascertain from the 911 call when she dropped the phone till they got her started again that she was without her own pulse for 18 minutes.

They told me she may have brain damage.

IF she lives.

The doctor told me he can't guarantee that she will wake up or that she'll even survive this. It's too early to know yet.

I got to see her in ICU after surgery and she was laying there with her eyes half open twitching from seizures. That was extremely upsetting for me to see her like that. :cry:

Dad is on the way home and my son is coming home from OKC this evening.

Things aren't looking good at all. I am devastated.

We won't know for a few days how she will be.

This puts a halt to all projects and activities. I do not know when I'll be up to this hobby again. Right now I'm too upset to worry about it. All I care about now is my mom. :cry:

See you guys later.

Peace.....

Prayers going out to you!

We will be here for you when you get back! Take care of her and yourself!

All the best!

All the best to you and your family in these trying times.

And thank you for sharing this.

Dee Ann we will definitely be praying for your Mother, and you and your family...Please keep us informed as much as you can, but for sure her first.

Dee,
You and your family are in my prayers. Times like these can be and are very tough to get through. You will need friends and family to support and comfort both you and your dad and the rest of your family. Your friends here at SatelliteGuys will help you through this as well so please do not forget about us.

Dan

We are here for you Dee Ann! You, your family and Mom will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Please update us when you are able.

Dear Dee Ann

We've had our differences in the past, but this over-rules anything and everything.

Please know that you and your family have been added to our prayer circle, added with all the other people we know that are having a hard time right now.

A special prayer for you and your Mom, we know how daughters have that very special attachment to their parents, and with your Mom even more.

Photto and Phottoette

My mom just passed away about 20 mins ago. My dad and I were here at her side holding her hands as she slipped away from this world.

:cry:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)