I'm out of it indefinetly

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm deeply sorry for your loss, Dee.

Always remember that we on SatelliteGuys are all like family. You and yours will always be in our thoughts and prayers.

Please know that we will be here for you.

Thank you guys...

I'm just numb right now.

I am thankful that my mom didn't suffer a long, drawn out illness and as best as we can determine, she didn't suffer at all past the point of losing consciousness while she was on with 911.

I'm thankful that my dad was able to get an airplane and get here in time for us to be there for her.

And I'm thankful for all the wonderful years that I got to have my mom.

I'm still in shock, denial and disbelief. It's so hard to believe that this happened.
I had her figured for living to 100.. Her mom passed away at age 99..
Mom was only 74. She just turned 74 last month..

I just can't get over the suddenness and finality of it all. No warnings at all. Zero.
One minute she was just fine then the next.........

:cry:

I'm just numb right now....

And I'm thankful for all the wonderful years that I got to have my mom. ...

I'm still in shock, denial and disbelief. It's so hard to believe that this happened. ...

Dee,

Your mom is still living inside you. Keep her alive with all the memories by sharing them with other loved ones especially dad. All those memories will help you go through the grieving and get you through everyday life even when a not so good memory pops up. Dad will be very emotional as well but you two need to comfort each other. I lost both of my parents this year and it took some time to just talk about them after the numbness wore off. Do not beat yourself up on what you should of done or what you should of not done. Life is life. Things do get a little easier with time...

With my deepest sympathy,
Daniel

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss, will keep you & your family in our thoughts & prayers.

I am thankful that my mom didn't suffer a long, drawn out illness and as best as we can determine, she didn't suffer at all past the point of losing consciousness while she was on with 911.
Both of my parents died at home, with children and grand kids with them. Mom in '98, Dad in '03. They were both well up in their years, but both suffered with long term illnesses.

You can always be proud and happy that you were there with Mom when she died. And as hard as it sounds now, hope and pray that you can be there with Dad too when it's his time.

You will both have a tough time grieving, sorrow over your loss, and bitter sweet thoughts about the times you spent together. Remember those. And in case you aren't aware of it now, it'll be OK to smile and laugh when you think of things that Mom caused, or you caused and you all lived through together.

Take care of your Dad. He is going to be going through even more than you will be for the next several (read that as MANY MANY) months. I really believe that men suffer more with the loss of their companions than women do. He will be lost for quite a while. He'll have to relearn how to do a LOT of things you would never think of now. Cooking, washing dishes and clothes, everyday things. He'll call you and cry, telling you that he wanted to say something to Mom and then remembered that she wasn't there.

You're a tough Lady, you've shown that to us over and over. Now is the time for you to REALLY be tough, and be there for your Dad.

God Bless each of you and hold you Safe, now more than ever.

Photto and Phottoette

Sorry for your loss Dee Ann. :(

Things happen for a strange unknown reason, but I find it at least a miracle that you and your dad could be there with her in her final moments.

Could you please PM me your mailing address when you get a chance.

Both of my parents died at home, with children and grand kids with them. Mom in '98, Dad in '03. They were both well up in their years, but both suffered with long term illnesses.

You can always be proud and happy that you were there with Mom when she died. And as hard as it sounds now, hope and pray that you can be there with Dad too when it's his time.

You will both have a tough time grieving, sorrow over your loss, and bitter sweet thoughts about the times you spent together. Remember those. And in case you aren't aware of it now, it'll be OK to smile and laugh when you think of things that Mom caused, or you caused and you all lived through together.

Take care of your Dad. He is going to be going through even more than you will be for the next several (read that as MANY MANY) months. I really believe that men suffer more with the loss of their companions than women do. He will be lost for quite a while. He'll have to relearn how to do a LOT of things you would never think of now. Cooking, washing dishes and clothes, everyday things. He'll call you and cry, telling you that he wanted to say something to Mom and then remembered that she wasn't there.

You're a tough Lady, you've shown that to us over and over. Now is the time for you to REALLY be tough, and be there for your Dad.

God Bless each of you and hold you Safe, now more than ever.

Photto and Phottoette

Thank you for this..

You are right. Dad doesn't know how to cook at all, doesn't know how to do laundry at all or pretty much anything else.
At least he does know how to make coffee..

And men have a much harder time with emotions and stuff. Dad was fighting it back last night, he choked a few times trying to stifle it.
Guys just can't accept that it's ok to just let go and cry it out. Most guys would rather die than cry..

He's going to have a really rough time of it because Mom ran the house and kept things in order.
Dad doesn't even have a clue how to water the plants and flowers that Mom cherished so much. Without her, they won't make it so I'm going to ask Dad if he'll let me transplant them to my place so I can tend them and keep them going for her.

I just talked to Dad and it looks like we are going to have the funeral this Saturday so family has time to come in from the four corners. I told Dad it was OK to cry and that he should just let go and cry when he feels the need, no one will penalize him or revoke his man card.

We are still in shock... :cry:

Dee,

Very sorry to hear of your loss. You have my condolences. You, your dad, and your family will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about your loss Dee Ann! Death is an awful thing, but we all have to face it sooner or later. Be strong and take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Dee Ann, I want to add my condolences to all the others. I would also like to add a couple of comments for you and your dad. First take care of yourself and second take care of your dad. Especially, after this week. Right now you two are very busy taking care of your mom's services. But when things finally slow down, that is when the grief really hits. (I speak from the experience of my dad's passing when I was 35.) You are in shock now and think it hurts but once she is taken care of and everyone else goes on with their lives and you and your dad are alone, that is when the real grief hits. I don't want to scare you but so many times this grief will take the spouse to join their departed. So it will be critical you keep your dad involved in living his life and not letting the grief overcome him, and i will not be easy are this is while you are suffering from this grief also. It will be tough but you both need each other very much over the coming months. God bless and once again my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Dee Ann, I want to add my condolences to all the others. I would also like to add a couple of comments for you and your dad. First take care of yourself and second take care of your dad. Especially, after this week. Right now you two are very busy taking care of your mom's services. But when things finally slow down, that is when the grief really hits. (I speak from the experience of my dad's passing when I was 35.) You are in shock now and think it hurts but once she is taken care of and everyone else goes on with their lives and you and your dad are alone, that is when the real grief hits. I don't want to scare you but so many times this grief will take the spouse to join their departed. So it will be critical you keep your dad involved in living his life and not letting the grief overcome him, and i will not be easy are this is while you are suffering from this grief also. It will be tough but you both need each other very much over the coming months. God bless and once again my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Dad has a lot of hobbies to keep himself occupied. He's retired but he does machinist stuff in his garage for fun and spare change.
He's got like a billion tons of big, scary looking, greasy machines that whirl and spin and look dangerous as hell. He loves making things and fixing things.
He's also very active in social stuff so he has a lot of things to stay busy with and a large base of friends he can call upon.

I'm just worried about him trying to run the house by himself now. He just doesn't know how. I can well imagine I'm going to have to teach him some basics about cooking, laundry, etc... But the thing that's going to suck the worst for him is that now that big house is empty without Mom there. He's still going to have a lifetime of aching loss ahead of him. :cry:

They were married 52 years...

You will keep him straighted out on how to run things Dee;).....Will probably be a good idea to stay there a few days with him, to help out physically and emotionally.

Dad has a lot of hobbies to keep himself occupied. He's retired but he does machinist stuff in his garage for fun and spare change.
He's got like a billion tons of big, scary looking, greasy machines that whirl and spin and look dangerous as hell. He loves making things and fixing things.
He's also very active in social stuff so he has a lot of things to stay busy with and a large base of friends he can call upon.

I'm just worried about him trying to run the house by himself now. He just doesn't know how. I can well imagine I'm going to have to teach him some basics about cooking, laundry, etc... But the thing that's going to suck the worst for him is that now that big house is empty without Mom there. He's still going to have a lifetime of aching loss ahead of him. :cry:

They were married 52 years...

Dee,

Does your dad live very far away from you? When my mom passed it was up to myself and the younger of my 2 sisters running up to check on my dad everyday to see if he needed anything. I stopped in 2 or 3 times a day! He really needed the company too and I am sure your dad will need someone to check in with him. This means friends as well as family. I am glad to hear that your dad has a lot to keep him occupied. You also need to escape from the world now and then. So take care of your dad and yourself!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)