I'm thinking about dumping dish for a while, will my 942's ota tuner still work?

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
I'm thinking about cutting off dish for a while. 95% of what we watch right now is on OTA. And it's hard to justify 70 bucks a month for something we don't use. I own the 942 and was wondering if it would still work as a ota pvr if I drop dish. Thanks in advance.

I canceled E* about 2 weeks ago. I have a 921 and a 6000 that I use in bedrooms for the OTA HD feed. You need a satellite feed or else the searching for satellite screen wont go away. otherwise all is well. I still use the timers and record feature of the 921.

:up :up

KeithInDallas said:
Does the Program Guide still populate after you cancel? Hoxxx, are your timers manual or do old timers continue to work?

No you won't have any program guide info. Manual timers (VCR style time based) will work, but because there is no guide info, there will not be any info for named based recording to work from. Otherwise as long as your box is still connected to the dish and can see the satellite, you are good to go.

Cool. Thanks for all the great info. This forums members have never let me down, when I have a question.

distant network

Wiring for 622?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)