Im trying to make my own Ku/C Band Feedhorn but I am failing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Congrats, nice fabrication on the dual lnbf setup.

Did you mean to have the "Skew" on the Ku like that?

zv3ogp.jpg

I've got the bsc321sp mounted beside the c band feedhorn. I'm satisfied with the performance. Quality readings on a cs4k pro are at 72 - 75% amc9 rtv tp.

Today I played around with my dish's declination and by adjusting it lower (barely 2 cm) I was able to get the Ku channels @ 97 that I was missing, however, by doing that I lost quality on the C Band side, which is not what I wanted so in the end I adjusted it back to its original position. I guess I might get those channels @ 97 with a better quality Ku LNB.

Once I get the DMS "Prime Focus" Ku LNB i'll see if I do get a stronger signal than I am getting with the offset LNB or if the "prime focus" aspect was just bullocks. Im also still gonna buy the geosat many of y'all recommended!

UPDATE: Well the BSC321 Prime Focus Ku LNB arrived and I can tell y'all that I'm getting a much better signal with it than with the offset LNB I was using. I would estimate i'm getting at least a 20% bump in quality, if you all remember I posted I was barely getting a couple of 97W channels? well Im now getting all of them and I'm even getting the BYU mux @ 89 which according to the beam maps I should not even be getting down here in Mexico, so I am way pleased with this acquisition, and even happier that I didn't have to spend a lot more on a corotor!!!

Well, the 321 and the SL1p are designed for this purpose.
Nice to see your feedback about the improved signal.!. - :up

Did you still have the GeoSatPro on order?
Are we going to see a shootout between the two? :D

edit:
I just got an SL1p in the mail, Monday.
Not sure when I'll be able to try it, though.
What I'm looking for now, is just a Ku feedhorn for prime focus: Invacom AF-120
Thinking about mating it to a bandstacked LNB, and comparing that to the SL1p. - :)

Well, the 321 and the SL1p are designed for this purpose.
Nice to see your feedback about the improved signal.!. - :up

Did you still have the GeoSatPro on order?
Are we going to see a shootout between the two? :D

edit:
I just got an SL1p in the mail, Monday.
Not sure when I'll be able to try it, though.
What I'm looking for now, is just a Ku feedhorn for prime focus: Invacom AF-120
Thinking about mating it to a bandstacked LNB, and comparing that to the SL1p. - :)

I might do that but first I want to fix a 7 footer I have on the roof. I want that to cover at least from 83w to 50w.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)