Im unplugging my phone lines on 2/1

have receiver dial a prefix first, like #

phone line connected but no dial out/.

if you want to have real fun with E call 800 333 3474 but not from a phone number tied to your account, push sales option. be all bubbly about your new toy:)

waste the reps time, design your dream system with 3 or 4 722Ks:) listen attentively to their sales spiel:)

THEN BAM!!!:)

ask about costs:)

Demoralize the rep complain loudly about receiver fees, and say if it wasnt for them I would buy, oh well looks like cable will get my money. so sad I really wanted dish goodbye

If E tracks reasons for sales failure they may decide thie fee approach is a royally bad idea:)

even if management doesnt the reps hearing the complaints will get demoralized and maybe less successful on their next call:)

I have a creative mind:)

So basicaly we are seeing the $5.00 tv connection fee being imposed on anyone that has an extra 622/722/722k on their account. Also the elimination of the NO dvr fee on AEP subs. What I find so funny about this is that the tv 2 connection fee , the phone line connection fee and the DVR fee are all MADE UP - "Just because we can" FEES created by DISH. Now they take all these made up fees and simply combine them into one big ASS equipment fee and then charge an account DVR fee on top of it for another $6.00. So we didn't lose the dvr fee on the extra dvrs on your account , they simply rolled it into the new euipment fee instead. I can only think of one reason why they are doing this: They are a bunch of GREEDY Bastards.

Imagine how uncompetitive they will look to potential subs when they are compared to Directv where you pay ONE dvr fee of $7.00 and $5.00 for each one of the the additional receivers on their account, no matter what kind they are. So this "Simplification of fees" is a joke. This WILL hurt DISH in these economic bad times. It will lead to CHURN and loss of potential new subs once they compare DISH equipment fees to the competition. Now I will not leave DISH for this change since I am not affected by them. I have a 722k and a 211k so no real increase for me ,except a $1.00 more for the dvr fee, since I had Dvr /locals bundle. But, I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving DISH over this. It is simply the wrong price hike at the wrong time. Just when DISH had turned the corner and started to add more subs again.

Charlie just BUY TIVO already and end this torture. You won't have any problem doing it, with all the money you will have from the new "simplified equipment fee" money.

Last edited:
Can ANYONE report a fee or even cost of anything going from 5 bucks to 17 bucks?

ANYTHING????
Meaning up $12.00? I take it you never have had any kind of insurance. You've never heated your home or used electricity. You don't drive so you've never had to gas up a car. That's what it sounds like.

Meaning up $12.00? I take it you never have had any kind of insurance. You've never heated your home or used electricity. You don't drive so you've never had to gas up a car. That's what it sounds like.

the 5 buck item goes overnite to 17 bucks?

please site some examples...........

even gasoline isnt that vloatile at least not yet.

it did go from 2 bucks to 4 bucks a gallon over a couple months.

Two comments; first, unplugging the reciever will have very little impact (if any at all) on sending a message. What will send a clear message is if subscribers remove receivers from their accounts or downgrade programming. That is an immediate impact to E*'s bottom line. Having failed that however point two, maybe fellow poster Kramer will become very charitable to pick up everyones monthly increases as he has demonstrated in many different current topics on the pricing issue that he has no problem with the new fees.

I know everyone here hates price increases and so do I. However, if you don't want to spend over a certain budget each month adjust you buying accordingly.

I suggest you categorize your sat TV budget in two columns. Wants, and needs. No doubt many of you all who are complaining about the increase have what I would consider an excess number of DVR's on the want side of the list rather than the need side. Lets assume you have the OP DVR count of 6 DVR's. If those DVR's are 722K's that represents 24 maximum tuners, or 12 TV1 / TV2 combinations for up to 12 different viewers at a time. Does your household really have that many viewers?

Let me use my home as an example- I am looking to reduce viewing costs too.
I have three active viewing stations in the home and have 3 viewers. I have 2 DVR's. One DVR is located in the Home theater and we often watch this in the evening while recording another channel. Thus it's on mode one and no TV2. The KItchen is watched by my wife who uses the DVR for recording her favorite shows but we also have TV2 on that connected to my father's room who watches all day and evening using TV2. He doesn't "NEED" HDTV. Now if I had a 4th person who couldn't watch the other locations, I would not add a 3rd DVR but would suffer the loss of the TV2 on the Home theater DVR and would not "NEED" to add another DVR cost. TV2 would have to do. But I will get a small price increase even with these two DVR's so I have made my choice and have cut back on programming expense side for a channel that I really didn't watch very much anyway. It was a want rather than a need. In my case I still have room to trim the account on the want / need programming side. I have AEP and in effect I am paying for too many movie channels I hardly watch. So, I still have room to trim the want / need budget here and reduce my monthly expense for TV even more.

In the past when income was higher, I was justifying the WANT side by having both DirecTV and Dish Network as well as Comcast. First to go was Comcast as rates went up. Haven't missed it. Next was DirecTV. Haven't missed that either. I discovered that the on;y purpose I was getting from DirecTV was to verify reports from those who were claiming DirecTV was better PQ but found most of those troll claims were all just bull sh!t since I had both. After dropping DirecTV I can no longer do that comparison but That little experiment was very costly as I didn't need all those duplicated channels for entertainment.

So, in reading this and the many other belly aching threads on the price increases, I see a common theme and that is many of you have too many wants, i,e, luxuries in your viewing column and could really stand to re-engineer your DVR count and more closely balance your want / need requirements. You just might be surprised if you look at it and make adjustments, you might discover you don't really miss the gluttony of hardware you have once it's gone.

Well done! You have stated what I have been thinking for some time. I am looking at the programing costs as a means of reducing my over all cost of service too. I have a premium that we only watch sometimes maybe that should go. I have been thinking about putting up an atennea to view locals, if I receive as a good a picture as I am told i will then I can drop the $5.99/month that plus dropping the premium will save close to $20.00 a month, at current prices. Of course it will take aboiut 18 months to break even on the antennea install but it would be worth it in the end....
Thanks for your excellent response!

Ross

Two comments; first, unplugging the reciever will have very little impact (if any at all) on sending a message. What will send a clear message is if subscribers remove receivers from their accounts or downgrade programming. That is an immediate impact to E*'s bottom line. Having failed that however point two, maybe fellow poster Kramer will become very charitable to pick up everyones monthly increases as he has demonstrated in many different current topics on the pricing issue that he has no problem with the new fees.
Where did I say I don't have a problem with the fees?? Who in their right mind wants to pay more??

It's not like we didn't see this coming. Every February there is a rate increase. Every January there are dozens of threads with thousands of posts bitching about the increase and threatening to drop E*.

If you find a provider that meets your price point, offers the hardware and programming that suits you, good for you!! It's just not worth my effort to publicly threaten to leave when I (and I'm sure most that are) don't actually intend to. If I was going to drop E* I would not post here about it looking for others to make me feel better about my decision and help me confirm my choice. Maybe it's just the venting that helps... :up

I have been thinking about putting up an atennea to view locals, if I receive as a good a picture as I am told i will then I can drop the $5.99/month that plus dropping the premium will save close to $20.00 a month, at current prices. Of course it will take aboiut 18 months to break even on the antennea install but it would be worth it in the end....
Thanks for your excellent response!

Ross
Just FYI, come Feb I believe most packages will include locals, so you might want to re-think or hold off getting an antenna.

I clicked next to see this page and got this, which I never saw before. Perhaps E is trying to jam us:(

‹ÿé}iwÛÆ’ögûÿ‡=±¤›vÉT†Úle,Ke;±™€HX$Á d%“ÿþ>UÝ Ê2íÌ;¾76µuWWwW×^/¿;:?¼úõîXtƒ~O\¼;xsz( F©ôaí°T:º:¿¼¾:{#*Ͳ¸òÌïŽ;0{¥ÒñÛ‚(tƒ`¸[*ÝÝÝïÖŠ®×)]]–>Q[úXý4‚Ø—I+° ûB¼ä?õ{¿–ÑFeggG~^–ãÕ ½À+ˆš9èÔ ö ¾Þ_Ææ4ǨÇÜbÚ³äÖNdpõ0bÛ”w亚‚1磊¢lltÑÝN!æ„–8§Ðï¯õ×çç¯.Ïß]4`#¤5ÿ]ŽžÇäÔôÌûëðõé•8|]¿ÊÑéúÜD ÉÿkÕ"dðh’'ï§ÊÆÜ]M;rfÈè•ù5â8bv&1SVN/™Ù„¤ðîŠ Ni{L?³mæBÌ)n Òm ò™;¥¿1E]žþp2Ó¡uüËÅù´¶ÓBÕ̶éÈೞÌ@ؔƑú'¹os5®4º%¡u±™šx2èkç÷’ôjNÅ;À…²BÆ)Ê0U„†\'2;¤"IÈî†ãQ¬:Ž[gsClòZ u¹w ò(}4oMy·°ÇEäÂR”ˆqù/)ñíŠ%*‹»´ÊqxáU y-Q Y=“ááåm?zsWxñ÷ eêc(àòå™ËŽFI¦nÜG™8$y@ºa¤ ‡ÕÙ•06Š,JÑ]¼“\±ôoô °_©î‚¼€· ¥†Û/êˆþ¤Q ^ꎞ+¹§)Î lÉÒ¡•OÖƒÅ7)2W&Tô'Gö<.bqÈU¦³Rˆ&åHEâLÔ"ÓQ7K•^[⤖¤ÊÁ ‰È™o´AÀaÉuÇ’¬ãFÁšíÄoä•©|X:z¥É»2f¹ófà‚+<ȇ]ÎË}sÊAsÁ×߆T»>d_£öäÞcb™nA}#.ŽàË¡—“u–1tHÐõGb™i¬JX4ÅÊæáH7¼’8ÂðÊE‰wøûVuÛñÑd“ÿ\OV²T™Œ,KDycEdnMZe2ÿ&Eb#ÔõôR‚© AéLIñ ±HfOR¨/‰<Ô‡œÙ¨œõ$OGYE¥Lµ ÛÉßZÉ”ò{©°ž¶éÖò@…ä®çjßËœQ2¸« É7€“¸úø(ç€ÎúŒ”+Æ󀞼lí—‹„®nR1¤Ÿ ÷š]zV‘·)Ñ û’²ö0”†žÎ ^D»¾$Ûû•¹^YU,b}s¡ƒ¹_FJŒ—ÍÃü>½?Îû>M±¾c°ÍîéSˆÄ–{W„×p§ézðXú&_ï…ïèÇ×£Ç/ƒÝæAµIE^ ¥‘PšéB±°ç\/óó•¿ýD.=ôpmƒcoâ7Ä9ù˜2 A·¶k¹²Ê{6ÄõîÊÊ }¤ô3p^u©Ê2éæWöÀ©Øâ/~}à¢]ùaÔÔF²)5´}ÍÈnîÊ~Y¼x!2 ØX©Õ–hhK++…ƒ¢äzȵ<•Rš,IRykK?( WöþÞû[üýô)@¡ãÒ¦Fw|j¢ Ñ\XÉxlâS42Šø¥“juƒ> »ý?'ÊqGŸ

anyone know what this is

The above "gibberish" is an image that was converted from Binary image file to ASCII text.

There are some newsgroup programs that can convert this.

My 722 is connected to ethernet and the phone line. The 622 is connected to the 722 via dishcomm. In this scenario can the 622 still call home if I unplug the 722 from the phone line?

Tried it and it doesn't work. That's disappointing. Dishcomm should use the ethernet then, once the phone line is unavailable. Not quiet as sophisticated as I expected.

My dishcomm is flake. 2 receivers sitting next to one another, plugged in together.

they lose one another.

Before ther price gouge I was planning on dropping my phone line altogether, and use dishcomm to simplify things.

want to get rid of rats nest of phone cords for sat tv

Mine is not flaky, it works fine as long as the phone line is plugged in. It just seems senseless that it can't utilize the ethernet to call home especially since it has homeplug built in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)