Im unplugging my phone lines on 2/1

I have been seeing a lot lately about Free OTA going away and the FCC wanting to prevent that from happening, unless I misunderstood what I read.

I though of doing that also but I really do not want to deal with the audit squad. Done that before and its a real pain.

I haven't been seeing people complain as much on here about the audit team. I think with the penalty for no phone line going away, many more phone lines will go un-hooked.

I don't think there will be as much audit activity. I think enough people got mad and dropped *E over audits that they've cooled it.

Before the audit team used multiple receivers on an account with no phone lines connected as a jumping off point to start an audit. What is the audit team going to do now, start calling everyone?

without the phone connection what would stop people from sharing the cost of service with their neighbors ? In fact you could just run a line over to a neighbors house and for those of us who own our own receivers we could just let them use one of ours and split the cost. that was the whole idea of the phone connection fee being waived. just a thought.

Here's another thought . under the new plan you would be able to take any receiver to another location that has a dish setup with a lnb. you can buy the equipment cheap and easily on ebay , it's not that hard to setup and then have substations anywhere you need . this would be a way to share the expense with your family who may live in another part of town. your only limit would be how many receivers you can have on your account. if my bill wasn't going up by about 30% I wouldn't give a sh#t, but this has made me try to think of ideas that would cause dish to lose $

Here's another thought . under the new plan you would be able to take any receiver to another location that has a dish setup with a lnb. you can buy the equipment cheap and easily on ebay , it's not that hard to setup and then have substations anywhere you need . this would be a way to share the expense with your family who may live in another part of town. your only limit would be how many receivers you can have on your account. if my bill wasn't going up by about 30% I wouldn't give a sh#t, but this has made me try to think of ideas that would cause dish to lose $

That's account stacking and is considered theft. We do not discuss any of these practices here.

code

I clicked next to see this page and got this, which I never saw before. Perhaps E is trying to jam us:(

‹ÿé}iwÛÆ’ögûÿ‡=±¤›vÉT†Úle,Ke;±™€HX$Á d%“ÿþ>UÝ Ê2íÌ;¾76µuWWwW×^/¿;:?¼úõîXtƒ~O\¼;xsz( F©ôaí°T:º:¿¼¾:{#*Ͳ¸òÌïŽ;0{¥ÒñÛ‚(tƒ`¸[*ÝÝÝïÖŠ®×)]]–>Q[úXý4‚Ø—I+°

anyone know what this is

It's the code for the web link and build of the page. Someone embeeded incorrectly and is probably having to fix it. chiodo got to it 1st turns out. So the ASCII code was revealed. When that happens does it mean that a dressing gown was missing? :)

Last edited:
I don't think that will happen -- where are you hearing about it (published articles or just rumor mongering)?

I saw published articles on this online recently. I cannot find any links yet but I just saw this in the news on a site or two that I visit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)