In CS HELL!!!

morgant6911

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
A little history:

I was a subscriber to DN for about a year in 2004/2005. I voluntarily canceled service, in good standing, in Jan. 2005 and sent back all equipment. I recently dumped Time Warner Cable, and was looking to get HD from DN.

Everytime I call, it thinks I am a customer, and asks me prompts for customers. I try to chose the best choice, but I always get a script reading moron on the other end.

"Hello. I used to have an account two years ago, I do not have one. Please transfer me to Sales."

"I can help you."

"Ok, I am interested in HD programming and would like to get some pricing information."

"Ok, so you would like to upgrade to HD?"

"No, I do not have a current account with you. My service was terminated two years ago."

"We show an active receiver on your account."

"When was the last activity on my account? I haven't had service in over two years??!?!?"

"We show that you voluntarily disconnected in 2005, but have an active receiver. Would you like to upgrade it to HD?"

"I DO NOT HAVE AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT, NOR DO I HAVE ANY RECEIVERS. HOW CAN I UPGRADE SOMETHING THAT I DO NOT HAVE?"

"Well, I can only help you with upgrading, let me transfer you to sales."

URGGGGG!!!! When they go to transfer me, I get the same line of bullcrap. Can anyone help me navigate to the sales dept? It automatically recognizes my number, and I don't have another phone to use.

Ask them for the receiver # and smart card # and compared with the receivers you had,If you have no match with the irds you have in your house,Demand and explanation how you still have a receiver active since you voluntary discontinued svc 2 years ago ,Somebody had press the wrong key on the past and will be on the future.Good luck!

Ask them for the receiver # and smart card # and compared with the receivers you had,If you have no match with the irds you have in your house,Demand and explanation how you still have a receiver active since you voluntary discontinued svc 2 years ago ,Somebody had press the wrong key on the past and will be on the future.Good luck!

The thing is, they show my account was in good standing, but she wouldn't/couldn't explain how I had an active receiver. I leased the receivers, but she was acting like I owned them. I kept the shipping records for about a year, and never heard anything back from them again, so I assumed my account was closed, and that was that.

She couldn't give me any other information, other than the receiver is "active", yet my service was canceled. It seems like this wasn't on the script, and required a little bit of critical thinking, which shut down the whole conversation.

I asked if they could just delete my account all together, and she gave me some canned answers that didn't even address what I just asked.

5 phone calls later, I still haven't been able to successfully get to the sales dept.

You might E-mail the person I PM you! He has always seems to ge things fixed.

Without violating any key proviso in the "no hack talk" :p , are there any legal ways to block your number when calling into a phone system that uses ANI?

For all intents and purposes, it is pretty much considered impossible to block ANI. (there MAY be some exceptions (illegal, or government), I don't know, but probably nothing Joe Blow is going be able to do.)

A little history:

I was a subscriber to DN for about a year in 2004/2005. I voluntarily canceled service, in good standing, in Jan. 2005 and sent back all equipment. I recently dumped Time Warner Cable, and was looking to get HD from DN.

Everytime I call, it thinks I am a customer, and asks me prompts for customers. I try to chose the best choice, but I always get a script reading moron on the other end.

"Hello. I used to have an account two years ago, I do not have one. Please transfer me to Sales."

"I can help you."

"Ok, I am interested in HD programming and would like to get some pricing information."

"No, I do not have a current account with you. My service was terminated two years ago."

"When was the last activity on my account? I haven't had service in over two years??!?!?"

"We show that you voluntarily disconnected in 2005, but have an active receiver. Would you like to upgrade it to HD?"

"I DO NOT HAVE AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT, NOR DO I HAVE ANY RECEIVERS. HOW CAN I UPGRADE SOMETHING THAT I DO NOT HAVE?"

URGGGGG!!!! When they go to transfer me, I get the same line of bullcrap. Can anyone help me navigate to the sales dept? It automatically recognizes my number, and I don't have another phone to use.

Try tech support or try new customer phone number 1-888-825-2557. They may say the receiver is "active" but it just shows the receiver on the account. For every 10 dumb agents there is 1 smart one, sucks but true :confused:

Try tech support or try new customer phone number 1-888-825-2557. They may say the receiver is "active" but it just shows the receiver on the account. For every 10 dumb agents there is 1 smart one, sucks but true :confused:
I'm surprised that you said that!:eek: But I don't think it's that bad.:D

A little history:

"I can help you."

....Try using a phone at a friend's home first.... Last resort....Ask to speak to executive resolutions..This is the final say dept..They have near total authority in disputes

Last edited:
I'm surprised that you said that!:eek: But I don't think it's that bad.:D

Maybe 1 in 10 was an exaggeration, but 50% is realistic. Average training, poor qualifications. In some cases the training is sufficient but they need people so they hire people that shouldn't be doing the job. The tools are there, the resources are there, but too many people offer opinions which are often wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts