In Honor of tonights Wings/Avs game

Sandra, I disagree... I know plenty of AVS fans through work and I live in Michigan... bitterness is still there. Just as strong as ever for most, but some have faded.

Jerrya72, I used to live in Gaylord, of course been to TC many times.

Tonight's blow-out series sweep, combined with the Wings regular season sweep, clearly shows that both teams are heading in different directions. These are not the same AVs who were so competitive back when Roy and Sakic were in their prime. Colorado will be making serveral changes in the off-season...and I don't think Sakic is coming back.

sweep.jpg
sweep.jpg

Interesting how the last game of the last 2 playoff series between these 2 teams was a absolute BLOWOUT by the Wings. What a pleasure to watch.

It's sad to see the AVS fall apart. I hate them and always will, but dang, they used to be so competitive.

The most joy I find in the history between the 2 teams is that Patrick Roy's last NHL game was a loss in an blowout to the Wings.

An excellent article about this in the Free Press..

Franzen and Co. prove this is no rivalry

"What rivalry?

A merciless four-game series sweep applied the finishing shovels of dirt over the fond memories of what Wings vs. Colorado once meant. It’s finally time to let those delicious images rest in peace because they’re not getting a second life.

The Wings roll on.

The Avalanche simply rolled over."

The most joy I find in the history between the 2 teams is that Patrick Roy's last NHL game was a loss in an blowout to the Wings.

Actually, the last game he ever played was the game 7 OT loss to Minnesota in the 2003 playoffs.

That was when Colorado blew a 3-1 series lead.

Laff, DOH. I knew that too. I guess it's just that the last playoff game vs the wings is so fond in my memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)