In-laws 722 installed with composite to HDTV

the company that I crontract from supplies component cables, we do not supply HDMI cables, but most of our contractors carry them and we do sell them to the customers. If the customer does not want to pay for HDMI cables, I will not give the cable away. The customers HD equipment will be connected with component cables.

the company that I crontract from supplies component cables, we do not supply HDMI cables, but most of our contractors carry them and we do sell them to the customers. If the customer does not want to pay for HDMI cables, I will not give the cable away. The customers HD equipment will be connected with component cables.

And the picture will be fine. Seeing the difference between component and hdmi/dvi connections from a Dish box with highly compressed HD content would take a very large TV and very good eyes.

D* provides a very cheap HDMI cable with their HD receivers.
E* does not, and has not since the rollout of their MPEG4 receivers.

Dish will not supply cables to us, their RSP. The company sells HDMI cables to the customer for $55 and $25 for HDMI and component, respectively.

I sell my own HDMI cables for $20, less than the customer can find anywhere locally.

Not acceptable? Too bad. Dish doesn't seem too concerned with it.

Strange. The RSP I'm at DOES supply componet cables with HD receivers. They appear to be the same ones that came with the 811, so I assumed they get them from Dish.

DNS supplies component cables for techs as miscellaneous parts that can be ordered and kept in the van until they are needed. They fall under the same category as everything else that can be used when needed and do not have to be tracked on the inventory. They used to do the same with DVI/HDMI converter cables, but now they have basic cheap HDMI cables that are tracked like LNBs. If they are used on a job it has to be noted on the work order and the customer will (supposedly) be charged $20 for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)