In reply to... Why I cancelled Dish -They disappointed me with their dishonest practices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 28, 2005
Since the moderator closed the thread without giving me an opportunity to reply I will answer your questions here...

-The hopper in the basement was apparently linked to 1 joey and the one in the living room was connected to another. I was told when it was installed that I needed TWO hoppers since I had 3 joeys. I did not question this because....Well I thought they knew what they were doing. I knew the units were on my bill, I just didn't know I did not need them until my friend looked at the install (because I had a hopper sitting in the basement plugged into the coax, but not to any TV's....So it was being used by a joey. It wasn't just sitting un-used, it wasn't needed because that hopper can handle 3 joeys. I was told 2.

-The hole on the side of the house is #1 Small, and #2 on the second floor on the back corner of the house and not very noticeable unless you look right at it.

-The spare bedroom was rarely used, and no one ever complained that the TV dd not work. I don't make a habit of just walking in a spare bedroom to check if my TV is working.

-The 278 recordings on the basement hopper are because it is connected to another TV, through a Joey. Once again I was told I needed that setup because I had 3 joeys. The hopper sits on the floor of my unfinished basement. I have another Hopper in my living room. and then 3 joeys.

2014-03-21 12.46.51.jpg

I hope this at least answers some questions. I am not a super-tech guru and was with Dish a long time. I guess this forum is only for folks who love Dish.

And I didn't reach out to a DIRT? member because I don't know what that is, or how I am supposed to.

"Do not ascribe to malice that which is explained by incompetence."

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

And I didn't reach out to a DIRT? member because I don't know what that is, or how I am supposed to.

DIRT stands for Dish Internet Response Team. Various members have helped me a TON on several occasions. They are actual Dish customer service reps, but they are way better than any reps you can get via chat or phone. You get a hold of them via PM. You can see who's on the forum right now by going to the Forum tab at top and looking at the bottom for DIRT members in red. RayC and RandalW are on right now. Note that they may not be able to help out at this point if you have already cancelled.

Sorry, but I have to agree with the people in the first thread you opened...there seems to be some holes in this story and not just the small one in the back of the house on the second floor.
Good luck with you tho.

You should not expect to have to know how they hook together or whatever.

It would be nice if Dish had a department that went the extra mile to ( at a minimum) make you whole.

Costco is a fine example. One of the reasons they are eating their competitors lunch is their level of service. You can have a big item go bad after warrenty and they will still bend over backwards to make you happy.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)